Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

Hypochondria is ruining my relationships and here is why

Offline steve34

• Personal text
Hypochondria is ruining my relationships and here is why
« on: May 06, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »
Hi Everyone little back story about me. I am a 24 year old male turning 25 this month, with OCD and Hypochondria.   I been going to see some one to help me overcome this problem but it seems to have a never ending battle. My biggest Anxiety that I have is contracting an STD or HIV from being in a relationship in a girl. Every single girl I dated I end up scaring away, I ask them multiple times if they have anything or have had anything. Whenever a girl goes down on me that i am dating, I go into a panic mode, and check myself constantly making sure I didnt get anything. I go to the doctor to get tested constantly. The smallest itch freaks me out. I avoid sex completely and run from it making up every excuse possible. Ever girl thinks i am not attracted to them and they break up with me. I dont know what to do because this is ruining my relationships and its freaking me out mentally.  Even if they tell me they don't have anything i don't believe them  What can I do to overcome this and have a loving fulfilling relationship.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
Re: Hypochondria is ruining my relationships and here is why
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »
Just do the old fashioned "no fooling around until marriage..."   :winking0008:
You won't have to disclose your hypochondria to her.  The girl thinks you are waiting out of respect.   You'll have a closer relationship built on other things besides sex AND when you get married a blood test will prove she doesn't have anything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline steve34

• Personal text
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 08:06:03 PM »
I know i should do that but even like foreplay or the slightest of anything i think i need to get blood work done and urine tests done to think i have something. My pyschologist said if you want to overcome this then you have to face your fear and i did today but ended up asking the girl tons of questions if she had anything or does she have anything  i want to check myself  to see  if i see anything wrong down there but im trying to hold back and thinking about going to the docs but im trying to hold that off as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 01:26:45 AM »
Have you tried just being upfront and saying that you're a hypochondriac and you worry about these things, it's not personal, etc?  I think if I were in that situation I'd be put off because I'd assume you kept asking because you thought I might not be truthful.  Maybe if you explain what's really going on in your mind it would help.
Bookmark and Share