Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Getting Upset for No Reason That I Can See  (Read 146 times)

Offline GeekGirl

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Getting Upset for No Reason That I Can See
« on: May 06, 2014, 03:43:50 PM »
Hey guys. I haven't been on here in awhile. A lot going on. Not sure if this is the right forum to post in, but since GAD is my biggest demon, I thought maybe this problem is related to it somehow. Lately one of my problems that has been bothering me is how upset I get when I'm around certain members of my family. I get easily frustrated and a little angry. And I'm not really sure why. I'm not violent or anything, I just get easily annoyed and then I start snapping at the person that has upset me, and then I feel horrible for being such a brat.

I can give a (sort of) example: A family member asks if I want to hang out with them. I say sure, and we go hang out, but as I'm talking to this family member about some stuff that I'm going through they say something, usually innocuous, but I guess it rubs me the wrong way, and I get mad, and I get short with them, and snap when I have to answer questions, and the whole time I'm wondering to myself, "Why am I feeling this way? Why can't I just let it go?" I feel horrible. I feel like I don't want to be around my family and I feel like they don't want to be around me, but I don't want things to be like this.

Has anyone else had these kinds of mood swings? Is there a way you deal with it? Any advice?

I just feel so guilty. I feel like they must hate me because I am such a brat to be around.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
Run faster, eat better, sleep longer, try harder, aim higher, love more - day by day, get happier

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Getting Upset for No Reason That I Can See
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 05:55:00 AM »
The best thing I can say is just be honest with the people you feel upset with. If you can, explain they have done nothing wrong at all. It is just your condition. Assuming they know about your condition. If we are having a bad time of it, anything can set us off. It depends on how we view the overall condition. I know people that would always take it out on others. Like it is all their fault. I always say my problems are my own. They are not the result of any other person. Once my mind is aware of this, I don't get upset at others. I have days when I want to be alone and I let others know this. Honesty can be good around other people. Anger can just be another symptom.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline GeekGirl

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 01:58:24 PM »
I will definitely try to be more honest. The problem with "needing to be alone" is that lately that's all I ever want, and I feel like they're starting to really resent that I'm always saying no thanks to hanging out. I'm a stay-at-home wife, and so they say things like, "Well it's not like you have anything better to do." It can be frustrating.

Thanks for the advice, tho. :)
Bookmark and Share
Run faster, eat better, sleep longer, try harder, aim higher, love more - day by day, get happier

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 02:33:26 PM »
You can answer that by calmly saying ' it is not like I want to sit at home alone, but at this moment in time I have no other choice '. You may be asked to explain more. In which case, if you trust the people, you can tell them a little bit about your condition.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline GeekGirl

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 03:11:09 PM »
Thanks! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: