Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Overthinking  (Read 215 times)

Offline radiance_94

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Overthinking
« on: May 06, 2014, 02:31:41 PM »
I feel like one of my biggest problems in dealing with my anxiety is that i overthink and obsess over my thoughts wayyy to much. Is this common for all anxiety-sufferers? I know I worry alot about stuff, but then I just obsess over it too much. And I cant get it off my mind unless I distract myself. Thats why I love school season, and work, cause I have something to distract myself with. But when I don't, like during breaks, i just cant stop overthinking. I feel so miserable and scared. I'm sure some of you understand...it's like you don't feel like yourself. You don't want to think so much cause it makes your head hurt and you feel frustrated and depressed. But as much as you want to stop, you don't feel like doing anything else cause you have no motivation. It's literally hell. And I get so scared of that feeling that I just want it to end. How do you guys deal with it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Overthinking
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 02:47:44 PM »
Sure its common.  There's some good cognitive behavioral books on Amazon.  You basically have to trick your brain into not going in a loop.   Distracting yourself can be a temporary fix, but unless you change what triggers the anxiety then you'll keep looping. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Catastrophe

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Overthinking
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 03:08:30 PM »
I agree about looking for some self-help books :) I have read this which I found really helpful:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stop-Thinking-Start-Living-Happiness/dp/0722535473/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399403193&sr=8-1&keywords=stop+thinking+start+living+richard+carlson

Just realise that all these negative thoughts you have are NOT real; sure they're real thoughts but they're harmless. Start thinking of your thoughts as dreams, you don't overanalyse your dreams, so why overanalyse your thoughts?
Bookmark and Share