Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Right Foot Arch Falling?  (Read 95 times)

Offline Scaredofsymptoms

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Right Foot Arch Falling?
« on: May 06, 2014, 02:30:42 PM »
Just wondering if anyone that has had arched feet had one of their arches begin to fall?

I've been having foot/ankle pain for the better of 3 months now and just noticed that along the inside of my right foot under my ankle and alongside the arch the tendon area looks swollen and flat when I put weight on it.
I know it isn't completely collapsed or anything because when i take weight off of it my arch will form again, but its annoying enough to cause pain during my gait/walking cycle and change the way I walk and stand.
I recently bought new, firmer shoes since I also overpronate with that foot for as long as I can remember and its slightly helped. My husband even pointed out to me in years past that my right shoe wears weird and it shows overpronation. I never paid any mind to it since it didn't hurt, but I guess I stretched the tendon out enough in my 28 years now for it to be an issue.

My biggest irrational fear with my hypochondria is that this isn't just a simple over stretched foot tendon, but the beginning of a neuro nasty and muscle failure. I'm trying to be super logical and I guess I should just go to a podiatrist and not run straight to my neuro for a second EMG. The already emg'd my calf muscle back in Feb and it was normal.

Talk me down friends.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Right Foot Arch Falling?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 10:05:29 PM »
Go to the podiatrist. If you're having pain for three months, you should have it looked at, but it sounds like a tendon or muscle issue rather than something neurological.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Right Foot Arch Falling?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 01:36:25 AM »
Seconding the podiatrist suggestion - if you're having pain and difficulty for this long, it's time to see a doctor.  NOT BECAUSE THERE'S ANYTHING SERIOUS GOING ON, but because that's what doctors are for - you hurt your foot; they'll tell you what to do to get things back to normal. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: