Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Klonopin taper  (Read 165 times)

Offline MLB2805

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Klonopin taper
« on: May 06, 2014, 12:15:57 PM »
3rd day off klonopin! Thought it was gonna be more difficult then it was, and I'm happy to be done!first 2 nights had trouble falling asleep, 3rd night went good! Hoping the rest will too
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Online insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Klonopin taper
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 06:04:41 PM »
3rd day off klonopin! Thought it was gonna be more difficult then it was, and I'm happy to be done!first 2 nights had trouble falling asleep, 3rd night went good! Hoping the rest will too

Although it is still early days, there's no reason why it shouldn't go well from here. It helps that you seem to be in a good place with anxiety atm. That is important to quitting benzodiazepines successfully. It is a large part of why those with anxiety tend to have a hard time of it and epileptics generally don't even though they have often been on doses 10-20 times those prescribed for anxiety.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline MLB2805

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 08:15:18 PM »
I just finished a six week study at the anxiety disorder center we have here doing trams cranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). I personally think I got the sham TMS because I don't feel all that much better. Tomorrow is my
Last day, I get an MRI on Friday and then I'm done. But since I did the study I can jump the waiting list for the CBT program they have there. But I've been thinking about going back on meds. Although I'm still highly functioning with my anxiety, it's always on my mind. I wanna be able to watch tv without searching my body for symptoms or take a nap without my mind goinging crazy. I've quit
Caffeine for months now, and I eat fairly
Healthy. So I'm considering it. Kinda want to start this program first and give it a shot though.
The Dr. There said there are AD's that supposedly don't cause weight gain. I've just started to lose 15 of the 35lbs. I gained ..... So we shall see.. Some days are better than others!
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Online insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 09:00:34 PM »
I wanna be able to watch tv without searching my body for symptoms or take a nap without my mind goinging crazy......Kinda want to start this program first and give it a shot though.

I think doing the CBT course is an excellent idea. One of its strengths is teaching people to overcome those types of checking behaviors/ruminations.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 11:59:08 PM »
Glad to hear the taper is going well, and good  luck with your next step in treatment, whatever it ultimately is
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 07:48:30 PM »
Thank you both for your replies!
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 07:51:54 PM »
Still doing well?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 08:20:10 PM »
Besides a little trouble falling asleep I am doing pretty well.
Same as I did while taking it. I have some left so some nights I have to tell myself no you cannot take one!! But I've been good!
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 09:26:31 PM »
That is great.  I'm so happy for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 10:27:53 PM »
Thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: