Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Severe panic making me want to jump out of my skin!!!  (Read 54 times)

Offline Shan1983

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Severe panic making me want to jump out of my skin!!!
« on: May 06, 2014, 10:58:51 AM »
Ok so does anyone else feel like this during panic??? First of all I'm constantly thinking "what ifs" all day,,my fear is losing control,going crazy,ending up in hospital ,and being in a constant state of intense fear which makes me want to scream and jump out of my skin.i wonder if other panic suffered feel this way,like so afraid to not be in control of yourself and your mind,and terrified you will become depressed or bipolar or suicidal,,the intense fear that something isn't right in your head and this intense severe terror is going to stay forever!! I would love to hear others stories of what panic is for them
Bookmark and Share
Constant anxiety and panic,,it's horrible but makes you a very strong person depending how you look at it

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Severe panic making me want to jump out of my skin!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 11:41:34 AM »
Hi Shan,

My panic is somewhat like you describe.  I get the fight or flight pretty strong and can feel almost like an electric current running under my skin which makes me feel jumpy.  I also fear that I will lose control or pass out or embarrass myself somehow.  However my therapist has told me that during a panic attack we all have far better control of ourselves than we think.  Another thing that has helped me with my panic attacks is to almost embrace that feeling of jumpiness and electric current.  To recognize that as nothing more than panic and know that it won't actually harm me.  So pay attention to the feelings next time and when it hits again notice the same feelings and be assured it is just panic.

I also want to say welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline Shan1983

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 11:51:33 AM »
Thanks so much for the reply,, it helps me immensely to talk to others who have what I have,it makes me feel less alone,,I hate the severe terror that sits inside of me,I am seeing a new therapist who I really like so that helps a lot,I'm also going to change my meds, I have been on a high dose of zoloft for quite sometime and it obviously doesn't work for me,,I'm still trying to figure out how things work on this site and am loving it so far
Bookmark and Share
Constant anxiety and panic,,it's horrible but makes you a very strong person depending how you look at it

Offline Shan1983

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 12:34:10 PM »
Just a question about the page,if I try to reply to Simone's post or join a chat room it tells me my username is invalid and that I can't access the page,,how do I fix this
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 12:40:13 PM »
Shan - Your first 3 posts have now been approved so you will be able to send messages and go into chat from this point on.  Thank you.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline Shan1983

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 01:12:30 PM »
Thanks so much,,this is a huge help for my anxiety,I'm so happy I came upon this group
Bookmark and Share

Tags: