Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Doctor appointment tommorrow and I am freaking out!  (Read 215 times)

Offline gypsymoon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Doctor appointment tommorrow and I am freaking out!
« on: May 06, 2014, 08:03:28 AM »
Hi, I had posted a few weeks ago about a couple times I had some very light spotting spotting right after intercourse.  I'm not on birth control and never have been, my husband got a vasectomy.  I went to my gyno back in the beginning of March after the spotting incident and she said my cervix looked fine, and thought that it happened from ovulation.  Nothing happened for several weeks after that, but then my husband and I had relations a few days after my period had ended and when I went to the bathroom there were a couple light pink spots on the toilet paper again.  Also, my lower back has been really sore in the morning for the past week or so but I have been doing some yard work lately.  I have my yearly check up with my gynecologist tomorrow and I'm just really worried about how my yearly pap test is going to come back, everything was normal last year but what if they have been missing cervical cancer???   
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Doctor appointment tommorrow and I am freaking out!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 08:17:49 AM »
If your pap was normal last year you should be fine. Get an U/S to see if you have a polyp. Update us.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 08:49:17 AM »
Good luck with your appointment, I used to get this a LOT but it was lack of lubrication. I started to use a lubricant and never got that again.
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 09:16:21 AM »
Cervical cancer is painless, so that's not causing your low back pain (OR your other problems; if your paps are all clear you don't have it.)  Probably from the yard work, but - geez, I give this advice here a lot - ask your doctor about ovarian cysts.  Totally harmless, and can cause spotting and low back pain. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline gypsymoon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Doctor appointment tommorrow and I am freaking out! UPDATE
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 05:05:53 PM »
So I went and had my yearly exam at my gynecologist's office today.  I told her I am really worried about a couple of spotting incidents after sex.  She said my cervix looked normal and smooth, but when she took the smear for the pap test she said it did bleed just a tiny bit and there is a little irritated spot.  I freaked out and asked if it was cancer and she said NO, that if I had uterine or cervical cancer I would be bleeding all the time.  She also said sometimes the skin on the cervix can get a little thinner and more easily irritated as we age (I'm going to be 38 this month.)   She said it could also be from a bacterial infection, but since I have no other symptoms she didn't want to treat me for anything until the pap test comes back.  And she is also going to run a screen for STD's, even though she and I know I don't have one of those!   She also said she is going to put a note on my chart to call me with the results (they don't call when everything is ok) because she knows how worried I am - but she told me to stop worrying about cancer!!  So I guess I will try to calm down until I hear back about my results, now I'm just hoping those will be ok  B-;  I did have a normal pap last year so I really hope this one is going to be ok.......
Bookmark and Share

Tags: