Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hi! I'm anxious.  (Read 57 times)

Offline sikh help

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi! I'm anxious.
« on: May 05, 2014, 07:31:21 PM »
Hello!

I've chosen the username "sikh help", which is possibly the first attempt at humour I have made in around a week. Pretty sure it isn't even funny, and I'm definitely not a Sikh.

Anyway, I have been basically paralysed by anxiety for the last few days and I'm really beginning to think I need help. I'm 24 and have suffered from social anxiety on and off since my early teens, but have never felt anything like this before. I'm severely anxious pretty much all the time, very sad indeed and spending most of my time reading about mental illness online. So far I have diagnosed myself with social anxiety disorder, major depression and avoidant personality disorder. I am yet to mention this to anyone, and am terrified of doing so owing to my avoidant personality. I fear that I may never be able to function properly in society, will lose all my friends and my girlfriend and remain like this for the rest of my life.

Any words of advice or encouragement would be very much appreciated, I have never been so frightened. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi! I'm anxious.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 08:08:49 PM »
Hi Sikh, and welcome to Anxiety Zone!  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Sikh, both anxiety and depressive disorders are treatable.  You need to do everything in your power to step-out and seek assistance.

I see a psychiatrist for my mental health needs.  Psychiatrists are medical doctors, so they can provide you with a diagnosis, prescribe medication if necessary, and develop a treatment plan tailored just for you.  I am on anti-depressant medication for my anxiety, and it has helped me tremendously.  I also see a psychologist for therapy.  She is teaching me cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and that is helping too.  There are lots of other things I do also, like exercise, meditate, and I have improved my diet.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone, Sikh.  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: