Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stuck in a rut  (Read 208 times)

Offline NovocaineKisses

• Trix
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Plot Twist!
    • Poke This Member
Stuck in a rut
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »
I can't stand being alone anymore. I recently quit my job because of the stress and now I can't even be at home during the day because I can't stand to be there alone. So I drive around all day long while I wait for my friend to get off work. I stay close to where he works to make matters worse. I feel constant dread and am afraid something is going to happen if I'm alone or if I'm too far away from someone I trust. I can't stand this. Its boring, I want to be at home, I hate driving around but I don't know what to do. I am trying to work on this and tell myself I'm fine but then when I start to head home I have a panic attack and have to turn around and go back towards his office. It makes me feel like I'm losing it  :(
Bookmark and Share
It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living. - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stuck in a rut
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »
Novocaine, thank God you can drive.  So mnay people on chat can't.  I am like you. I hate being alone and would rather be with people and  talking to them.  (My husband is the exception...he seems to have a way of excerbating my anxiety.   He's a Type A personality, but I have benefitted from it monetarily!!!)

Anyway, you hang in.  It'snot easy, believe me, I know.  Hope you are on meds and seeing a good therapist.  These are the things, besides your own courage, that get you out of the maze.

I also like chat, and I've sen you'r naeon there, so continueto interact with people there.

I will e thinking about you as you receover...and recver you will.  Time, patience, prayer.

Bestregards,  Julie A. Cook
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chrestomanci

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 08:39:14 PM »
Hi there,

I have definitely been there before. When I first got panic attacks, I was so afraid of being left alone because I was afraid there would be nobody there to help me if something seriously bad happened. In fact, I actually applaud you over the fact that you're able to drive by yourself because it took me awhile to do that (though it doesn't help that driving always put me a little on edge to begin with!)

While you do feel like you're in a rut now, what you are experiencing now (agoraphobia, which tends to come with panic attacks) is treatable with some time and patience! If you are able to visit with a therapist, they can teach you some really good skills to manage panic attacks as well as exposure therapy so that you'll become less and less afraid.

There are also many wonderful resources online that can also help, and feel free to ask us questions here - I always find that the more knowledge you have of what is going on, the better equipped you are in rationalizing. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mybabyizaiah

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:54:32 PM »
One thing you can try to do is ask yourself, why dont I want to be home? (for instance, I dont want to be alone.) Why dont you want to be alone? (because I get scared) What is the worse that can happen when you are alone? ( I will run out of my house in a full on panic attack)... and so on. Also, write the questions like it is your best friend asking you... (your friend- I am scared to be alone) then you answer the questions. This sometimes helps me... and always try something just to see if it works! Also, keeping yourself busy once you are home, always helps. Maybe log on into the chat room, and get some support while you are home.. this might help. Being independent is difficult. Something I envy in others, but with help and support, if you need anything more, I have a few other suggestions! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: