Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: I know I'm going to get diagnosed soon .  (Read 244 times)

Offline Gemmal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I know I'm going to get diagnosed soon .
« on: May 05, 2014, 06:06:31 AM »
I'm so scared I'm going to get diagnosed soon I can just feel it . Been terrified of lymphoma for two and a half years now and I've had a bunch of symptoms going on since then .

Was just reading the news this morning about the tennis player Elena who has died of cancer aged only 30 and it has really set me off !

Been in a frantic state trying to feel any suspicious nodes this morning :(

I can't take this
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: I know I'm going to get diagnosed soon .
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 06:39:08 AM »
You don't know for certain. You only assume. There is a big difference. Once something is on your mind you only feed it by thinking inwardly. You see the news. See a sad story. Think that could be you. That is just your mind reacting to how you are feeling. You need to learn to distract your thoughts. Find other things to put your mind on. Apart from yourself. Once you learn this, you will find things will ease up. As you won't be focused on yourself as much. Your thoughts will be on something else. You have a full life ahead of you. Just have to learn to live it without worrying as much as you are.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 06:42:03 AM »
I saw that blurb on my ***** - sad to think of someone dying so young.  It does happen.  But not often.  Could it happen to you, or me, or someone else here?  It could, but it probably won't. 

If you'd had undiagnosed lymphoma for over two years, you'd be dead or dying right now.  Not wondering if there was something wrong with you.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Teril

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »
I know the feeling of being terrified about the possibility of having an illness and just wanted to say, "I hear ya."  Isn't it always the way when we're scared of a particular illness we hear someone having the same thing on the news?  B-;  I've had that experience a few times.  I do agree with Molly re: the lymphoma.  Apparently it is the type of thing where when it occurs a person doesn't wonder, so I hope that helps relieve your fears a bit.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »
Thanks for the replys everyone I feel much better I had a bit of a break down this morning ! Nice to know I'm not alone in this battle !

I feel like it's never ending and nothing is going to convince me I don't have this disease :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: