Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: GAD  (Read 77 times)

Offline lavkc

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
GAD
« on: May 04, 2014, 10:32:48 PM »
Hi all!
 I have been dealing with GAD for over 30 years now....Always kept it to my self until I decided to "become real" about it! Most friends just tell me to "take a deep breath".........I am a rape survivor and an anxiety attack is soooooo worse!!
 I am looking for people who might understand the nightmare of GAD??

I am new to this wedsite, but I hope someone might respond!  :)

Take good care all, and nice to meet you!                              lavkc
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: GAD
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 02:30:51 AM »
Hello Iavkc,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone. 

Like you I suffer from GAD.  I also have Panic Disorder, and PTSD.  GAD can be a real struggle and one of the things that helps me a lot is remembering that I can't expect myself to be free of anxiety.  Anxiety is a normal part of life and all people have some.  Once I accepted that fact and stopped beating myself up for ever having any anxiety, I was much better able to accept my GAD and make some progress. 

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Online BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 08:24:02 AM »
Iavkc,

You're good!  You've posted your topic, and now you wait for others to respond.

You can also browse the forums and reply to posts made by others.  Just keep in mind, your first posts are moderated, so until we get a chance to read and approve them, they won't show up.

You can start other topics, in the appropriate areas, as well.

Once, you've made 3 "meaningful" posts, you'll be allowed access to the chat room.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline Shan1983

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »
I know what kind of nightmare it is,,it's the most terrifying feeling in the world and most times it seems it's out of your control,,what are some of your symptoms or thoughts when you have anxious thoughts or panic attacks??
Bookmark and Share
Constant anxiety and panic,,it's horrible but makes you a very strong person depending how you look at it

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 05:48:23 PM »
In Chicago, Im am hosting a Meetup group for GAD folks.  12 are coming and 4 on the waiting list.
I mainly have experienced GAD during this past long winter.
Bookmark and Share

Offline HermitGirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
Hi, I pretty much have GAD too and it really sucks, just like the panic attacks!!! :( I didn't want to make my own post (not comfy with it) so I thought I would post here instead because I can relate. Hope that's ok! Anyway good to know I'm  not alone....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: