Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: One enlarged tonsil, scared  (Read 132 times)

Offline fubar

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
One enlarged tonsil, scared
« on: May 04, 2014, 01:09:33 PM »
For a long time now I have had a large right tonsil. I can see it when I brush my teeth. I was sick back in December with h pylori. While treating that, I got a sore throat. I opened my mouth wide one day and noticed the bottom part where I can't normally see while brushing my teeth was also bigger. I seen a yellowish clear mark on it. So I googled it and came up with asymmetrical tonsils is a sign of cancer. I have
Seen an ENT and he says he's 95% sure it's fine. He said if I was going to lose sleep over it he would remove it or we can just watch it for 6 mos. I chose to watch it. So, I stretch my mouth open everyday probably 30 times to see if it's gotten bigger, which it hasn't. Now I have ear, neck and throat pain on same side. Dr says TMJ. Says Motrin for three days should help and if it doesn't we will have to look into it further, what the heck! I heard that TMJ can last for a while with flair ups. I can't sleep worried about this tonsil. I have seen an ENT, ER doc, PA  at MedExpress, family doc, and dentist. They don't seem concerned. I have to tame xanax at night just to sleep 3 hours. Anyone else have asymmetric tonsils. Left is 2+ and Right is 3+. Family doc says she would never have thought anything about it. It's been bigger for at least 7 years that I can remember. Help! :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: One enlarged tonsil, scared
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 02:44:20 PM »
I have the same. Move on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fubar

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »
Wow, would you like to elaborate a little about it? Like how old you are, how long has it been this way?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »
I'm 22. My right one is bigger than my left. I thought something was wrong but nope, that's how we are. Basic people..
Bookmark and Share

Offline fubar

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 10:20:35 PM »
Thanks. Still freaked about it. Going to psychologist tomorrow. This is ruining my life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 04:09:24 AM »
My right is larger then my left. I haven't looked at it in awhile but I first noticed about 6 months ago. Of course cancer was my first thought but unlike you I can't bring myself to go get it checked. Honestly I put it out of mind. It doesn't effect my swallowing but I have been told by my dentist I grind my teeth in my sleep.
Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: