Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lymph node behind jaw  (Read 200 times)

Offline adam4little

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymph node behind jaw
« on: May 04, 2014, 10:06:51 AM »
Hey all, long time no talk:

So, maybe because I'm completing a MA degree and I'm trying to write two long papers in a week, who knows, but I developed a cut in my nose that I kept picking because it hurt and for a few days there, it was so crusty and bad (sorry) all I could smell was that smell--you know the one, that clear liquid stuff that oozes out of you when a cut is healing--for two days. Anyway, that thing is just now healing up. So, last Tuesday or so, for whatever reason (ingrown hair?) I don't know, I develop this nasty red patch on my cheek near the angle of my jaw bone. It is disgusting looking; it looks yellow/red/white and was infected. I picked the scab off (of course) and well, it just decided to re-scab over yesterday. It seems to be getting smaller, although not fast enough. Anyway, long story short, I am shaving last Wednesday (Thursday maybe?) and there's this pain behind my right jaw, and sure enough there's a tender lump. Let me explain where this is: ok, the angle of your jawbone, where it turns upward toward your ear--you know the spot?--ok, so the lymph node rests right behind that angle. So on the vertical end of the jaw (if we are thinking of the jaw as having vertical and horizontal parts) it is at the base of the vertical end. When I turn my head sideways it is high up on my neck and about an inch lower than the angle. Anyway, it DOES NOT hurt anymore and it--although it's still about the size of a pea--is a slighter bigger pea than before. I look this up on google and of course I find either nothing or everything if you catch my drift. So, I thought I'd get some advice from you all: I know docs often check this spot during an exam and I was wondering if anyone here has had a lymph node in this spot? Is it possible the two infections caused this to grow esp, the infection on my face which is like a half inch away?
Bookmark and Share

Offline adam4little

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymph node behind jaw
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 11:54:01 AM »
Hello? I'm pretty freaked
Bookmark and Share

Offline adam4little

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »
Ok, and so this is the scab thing I mentioned in the previous post. It looks terrifying. Im freaked. Had this for about a week.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/112780672@N04/
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »
I have lumps behind my jaw on both sides and they have been their for years. I wouldn't worry about yours. It makes sense it's swelling because the pic you took was of ingrown hairs! Yes, that's what on your face.
Bookmark and Share

Offline adam4little

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 04:45:22 PM »
Thank you. It's an ugly thing. I've had it for a week; you think that's alright?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: