Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Swallowing hurts my ears, freaking out  (Read 83 times)

Offline Daxter

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Swallowing hurts my ears, freaking out
« on: May 04, 2014, 06:40:55 AM »
Roughly 2 nights ago I was treated to an all-you-can-eat Chinese meal. I was careful enough to bring my meds and watch what I ate. The next morning I woke up to excruciating ear pain every time I swallow - and sadly I don't buy it as a coincidence... It tends to change sides of my head randomly, and only goes away if I don't swallow at all, which means spitting out a lot.

The same goes for my other "new" symptoms, excessive mucus, tight throat and a smell of vomit. Sometimes I also have trouble swallowing my own spit. All of these also go away if I don't swallow, and my medication, Gaviscon Advance makes them worse. They've all appeared since taking a new drug for GERD/LPR called Esomperazole.

I can wake up in the morning and not have any symptoms until I start swallowing. The more I swallow the worse it gets. I'm freaking out here, as this is impossible to ignore since swallowing is an everyday occurrence. And of course everything on the internet says GERD/LPR despite me allegedly taking the best medicines for both. Even alkaline water - the so-called cure-all for reflux - is making me worse, and also causes a burning throat.

All of my efforts just make me worse and worse; my stress has been through the roof! What should I do? Could there be anything else doing this to me?!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: