Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: A Big HELLO From SoCal, & Story Time!  (Read 72 times)

Offline beebleezy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
A Big HELLO From SoCal, & Story Time!
« on: May 04, 2014, 05:59:55 AM »
Hi everyone! You can call me Bee. I'm 18 years old, and i live in a little city about 25 minutes away from the great Los Angeles, California. I'm a Gemini. I have two jobs and I'm trying to save up money to go to school in hopes of becoming an ultrasound technician.

I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember. If I had to pinpoint a specific time, umm, maybe 8 years old. I was an abnormally serious and awkward kid. I loved playing soccer, but i remember my stomach churning and my heart racing at every single practice, and even worse, every weekend when the soccer games happened. I was easily embarrassed by my friends and family when i was in public, i would throw a fit and would be extremely irritable and difficult to be around, and i wasn't happy until i could lock myself in my room and cry and get over it.

I didn't even know what anxiety was. I thought it was normal to feel that way. Always shaky, flighty, and nervous. Throughout middle school and high school i couldn't look teachers in the eye, my voice would always shake when i read out loud (and i read very well), i would be afraid to ask to use the restroom, to sneeze, to get up and turn in a test, you name it! I was fine when i was around my small group of friends, but for the most part i was alone. I thought i was depressed, bipolar, schizophrenic, or straight up psychotic because i had no idea what i was dealing with.

I started smoking marijuana about 2 years ago and it has improved my anxiety. I was able to be less paranoid, quiet my mind, and just generally be chill. I do not rely on it to entirely cure my anxiety. I smoke now to help me fall asleep (anxiety causes my insomnia), and to ease my nerves. I would recommend it to anyone. Marijuana is not for everyone with anxiety however, as it can induce some really scary panic attacks. For some reason i just really like it.

After i graduated high school was when my anxiety was at it's peak, and i had developed a little bit of depression as well. I was too anxious to get a job. I was too anxious to go to my college classes, so anxious that i dropped out. Then i started having stomach problems. And finally i was like, you know what man i'm tired of this *****! I talked to my Grandma about going to the doctor's and she was very supportive and took me there. I had a panic attack right then and there in the doctor's office and he prescribed me Lexapro on the spot.

The first two weeks of starting the medication was hard. I would never wish that experience on my worst enemies. As soon as the storm ended a bright light shone through. One day i just woke up and i felt AMAZING. It's been about 7 months since i've been on Lexapro and it was really changed my life for the better. For as long as i could remember i had that noxious feeling in the pit of my stomach and it was finally GONE! I haven't felt it since. I would also recommend this to anyone.

Almost all aspects of my anxiety are completely gone, except i still struggle with relationship anxiety. The closer i am to a person, the more suspicious and paranoid i become, and i push them away or sabotage the relationship. I want to start seeing a therapist to help with my trust issues.

Anyway I'm a total noooob.
Thank you for reading, you are so kind. <3
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: A Big HELLO From SoCal, & Story Time!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:12:12 AM »
Good morning, Bee and welcome to the board!

We have a lot of similarities.. and I'll hop onto those here in a minute.

You sound like you are on your way to pursuing a career some day, Are you planning on going to a college or University? Best luck on the ultrasound tech placement as the medical path sure seems like the way to go these days. I'm 22, I work in construction and my girlfriend is only 20 and she's a year away from becoming board certified for Dental Hygiene, already having prospects with local dentists in the area.

If I took interest in the medical field I would be happy to take it on, It just isn't my thing.

I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember. If I had to pinpoint a specific time, umm, maybe 8 years old. I was an abnormally serious and awkward kid. I loved playing soccer, but i remember my stomach churning and my heart racing at every single practice, and even worse, every weekend when the soccer games happened.

Even with the medication that I take currently, this type of anxiety has me the worst. I was diagnosed with Social Anxiety, even though I am a very extroverted individual, and many people would never know... but I show the same symptoms here when I'm around other people, I am always happy to find people similar to my situations. Did it ever effect your game?

I didn't even know what anxiety was. I thought it was normal to feel that way. Always shaky, flighty, and nervous. Throughout middle school and high school i couldn't look teachers in the eye, my voice would always shake when i read out loud (and i read very well), i would be afraid to ask to use the restroom, to sneeze, to get up and turn in a test, you name it! I was fine when i was around my small group of friends

Sounds definitely like SA to me. Not just comparing it to me, but judging it on what's triggering it. It is normal to feel anxious, but many, like you and I, have a little extra dose of it... some have quite a bit of an extra dose of it. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with us, it's just how we are wired and there's nothing to be ashamed of.

I started smoking marijuana about 2 years ago and it has improved my anxiety. I was able to be less paranoid, quiet my mind, and just generally be chill. I do not rely on it to entirely cure my anxiety. I smoke now to help me fall asleep (anxiety causes my insomnia), and to ease my nerves. I would recommend it to anyone. Marijuana is not for everyone with anxiety however, as it can induce some really scary panic attacks. For some reason i just really like it.

You are the first person where I live that actually believes some with anxiety who smoke Marijuana encounter induced scary panic attacks..
I'm one of those guys lol. I've tried it out quite a few times, but just couldn't hang with it. The taste and what not didn't bother me, but I would get to the point of near hallucinations in heavy doses. and even at a "theraputic" dose of it, I was extremely anxious.... Even though it is COMPLETELY LEGAL in Washington State. I live in Idaho but it's only about a 5 minute drive where my friends are. Just can't hang with it. I'm glad that works out for you. I'm not a big supporter or denier, if it works stick with it!

After i graduated high school was when my anxiety was at it's peak, and i had developed a little bit of depression as well. I was too anxious to get a job. I was too anxious to go to my college classes, so anxious that i dropped out. Then i started having stomach problems. And finally i was like, you know what man i'm tired of this *****! I talked to my Grandma about going to the doctor's and she was very supportive and took me there. I had a panic attack right then and there in the doctor's office and he prescribed me Lexapro on the spot.

Honestly I hadn't started feeling my Zoloft for a good 6-7 weeks, and yet it's still questionable if it even is working... who knows. What I know is that when I stopped Klonopin after three months of regular dosage my anxieties began to surface again. I had also upped my Zoloft to 100mg and about 2 weeks into that with no Klonopin I felt rather increased anxiety.

I decided to call my psychiatrist to talk to her about what her take was on it.. She wrong me a prescription for Klonopin and I'll be seeing her in a month. SO I'm not 100% on this Zoloft yet.

The first two weeks of starting the medication was hard. I would never wish that experience on my worst enemies.
The same exact words left my mouth two weeks onto mine. That's hilarious.

Anyway I'm a total noooob.
Thank you for reading, you are so kind. <3
Noob.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: A Big HELLO From SoCal, & Story Time!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue