Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Family doesn't understand panic, anxiety, and depression.  (Read 99 times)

Offline Kylamarie95

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Family doesn't understand panic, anxiety, and depression.
« on: May 04, 2014, 04:42:50 AM »
So here it goes, I've never done one of these boards before but I assume its like a personal journal.. I am 18 years old and have panic disorder, anxiety, depression, and am possibly bipolar. I have had anxiety since I was a very little girl, always attached to my mom's hip since I could walk. She was and still is my comfort blanket, I honestly dont like going places outside of my little city that I live in without her. I do go to school and hold down a full time job, but they both are less than 5 min away from my home. I am terrified of the weather, well, more like snow, rain, wind, and dark clouds, so just bad weather. I love to be by myself and just sleep whenever I don't have work or go to school.. My mom is always concerned as to why I sleep so much, but to be honest sleeping is so much better than the life I am living as of right now. It's being alive without being conscious. And now my anxiety has gotten so powerful that now I cant even control my panic attacks with my mom security blanket to protect me. We recently went on a road trip to California (my entire family, mom, step dad and step siblings) and the entire time I was freaking out about being in an area I was not familiar with along with having to be in a car at night jammed with me and my 3 other siblings. I didn't enjoy the entire trip and cried most of the time just because I was afraid for no reason. It was a constant  state of dull panic with random peaks of major attacks. I felt horrible because I knew this was supposed to be a huge trip that everyone was going to enjoy but it just turned out to be a worry about Kyla trip. I could tell my mom couldn't let herself enjoy anything knowing I was standing in the back of everyone afraid to do anything. I am at an all time low right now, and it would be really helpful to have someone, ANYONE just talk for a little bit about their story and possibly relate to mine. Please.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Family doesn't understand panic, anxiety, and depression.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:26:45 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline beebleezy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 10:40:27 PM »
Hi Kyla!
I'm Bee :) We're the same age and i've had anxiety since i was a child as well. My Grandma is my security blanket!
I've dealt with it all my life but i got to a point where i just couldn't handle it anymore. I was becoming depressed and suicidal due to my anxiety. I talked to my grandmother and she encouraged me to go see a doctor. He prescribed me Lexapro and it changed my life.
I'm not saying you have to take medication (because some people are uncomfortable with that, especially with our age), but i highly suggest reaching out to your mother and asking for help.
My family never knew what i was going through until i told my grandma. Then slowly i began to tell my brother, and he was very supportive. Hopefully your family can see the pain and your heart and try and heal you.
I would definitely recommend seeing a doctor. It's  a positive step into improving your emotional health.
Best of luck to you darling!
- Bee
Bookmark and Share

Offline HeavensToBetsy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »
Hiya .  :action-smiley-065:
I'm the same, i hate feeling like my friends and family have to worry about if i can handle things they want to do. They assure me it'snot a big deal but you know how that goes. My dad though really doesn't understand, he thinks I'm just being dramatic :p
Bookmark and Share

Tags: