Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 86 times)

Offline Chrestomanci

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introduction
« on: May 04, 2014, 12:31:59 AM »
Hi! I'm a 25 year old female, loves arts, crafts, and food!

While I have been a nervous person as long as I could remember, it wasn't until last year where it took a turn for the worse and  became diagnosed with panic disorder and GAD (though lately its much more focused on health-related issues). While I have gotten a lot better with therapy, I still have my ups and downs and it helps sometimes to know that I'm not alone. So thank you for having me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 12:55:34 AM »
Hi Chrestomanci,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline ProofAutumn8246

• Rec's: 1
  • They don't think it be like it is but it do.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 03:06:30 AM »
Hey hey!

You love arts and crafts? I'm in art school right now! What kind of crafts/arts do you like? I'm studying animation and design!
Bookmark and Share
In the scheme of things it doesn't matter much.~

Offline Chrestomanci

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 02:00:21 PM »
Hey hey!

You love arts and crafts? I'm in art school right now! What kind of crafts/arts do you like? I'm studying animation and design!

Wow, neat! Going to animation school was a dream of mine when I was a kid, but then I was too nervous and shamed myself a lot when it came to putting together a portfolio and never pursued it (which I sometimes regret!) So keep at it and never give up! And if you have any examples, please do share - I love stuff like that!

As for me, I enjoy digital art a lot, for traditional, I like working with colored pencils (the layered kind, like Prismacolors) - I think on those, its because I feel like I have a bit more control over it than other medium.

Though within the last year. I had picked up cosplay (recreating costumes of fictional characters) as a hobby - it actually helped me focus and think of other things during the worst period of my attacks. With that, it actually incorporates a lot of strange pattern design, crafting materials, etc, so I find it really satisfying. :D
Bookmark and Share

Offline ProofAutumn8246

• Rec's: 1
  • They don't think it be like it is but it do.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 05:56:20 PM »
Heeeey, I love to cosplay and go to conventions! I'd love to see some of your costumes and your colored pencil work!

I haven't done any recent cosplaying but the last character I did was Maka from Soul Eater. Do you watch a lot of anime?

Maybe I'll show you some of my stuff sometime, but yeah, it can be pretty embarrassing, haha!
Bookmark and Share
In the scheme of things it doesn't matter much.~

Tags: