Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Multiple "Severe" Attacks in a Day  (Read 263 times)

Offline Breathless

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Multiple "Severe" Attacks in a Day
« on: May 03, 2014, 07:23:51 PM »
Has anyone had more than 2 "severe" panic attacks in one day? I've had 3 so far today. I'm in a negative feedback loop...symptoms, panic, symptoms get worse, more panic, so on and so on.
Bookmark and Share
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." Julius Caesar

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Multiple "Severe" Attacks in a Day
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 08:04:49 PM »
Breathless, sure, sometimes they're not full-blown attacks, but the fear is there a good portion of many days for me.  Hang tough.  Hope you are seeing a dr. and are on meds.  These definitely remediate a bit.

Good luck as you recover, and have faith that you will recover.

Best regards,

Julie a. Cook
Bookmark and Share

Offline Breathless

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »
Thank you

I've had anxiety for years that sometimes escapes into a panic attack. I had a severe attack Wednesday and today I had 3. I would describe a severe panic attack as any attack that literally has you on the verge of dialing 911. Every fiber in your body says "I'm dying".
Bookmark and Share
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." Julius Caesar

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 10:10:45 PM »
Has anyone had more than 2 "severe" panic attacks in one day? I've had 3 so far today. I'm in a negative feedback loop...symptoms, panic, symptoms get worse, more panic, so on and so on.
That's actually a positive feedback loop. But yes I have. I'll have stretches when I get 3 or more a day, usually lasting at least 20 minutes. Its miserable.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Breathless

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 10:28:17 PM »
Yep...I think after the 3rd attack today my body gave up on dumping anymore adrenaline into my veins lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline Shan1983

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 07:08:57 PM »
I get multiple attacks a day,,but when they go away I'm constantly worrying when the next one will come,so basically I'm on edge all day and thinking what's gonna happen next and what if it won't stop,,I hate hearing other peoples stories of this miserable disease but it makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone
Bookmark and Share
Constant anxiety and panic,,it's horrible but makes you a very strong person depending how you look at it

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 07:20:58 PM »
Some days I will be fine with only a few mild irrational thoughts which usually increase my heart rate as well as give me some palpitations. Other days, I would go through the whole day constantly having irrational thoughts making my heart pound constantly. I usually don't eat or drink much neither do I get sleep and I am constantly on the move. Due to my thoughts, it is hard for me to listen and understand what's going on and I usually lose track. I also barely remember anything and feel like I am in a dream.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Shan1983

• Rec's: 0
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 07:46:59 PM »
I feel like I'm in a dream sometimes too,and like you some days are mild and some days it's a all day panic attack with thoughts of going crazy and losing all control,,it's awful
Bookmark and Share
Constant anxiety and panic,,it's horrible but makes you a very strong person depending how you look at it

Tags: