Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Seeing visual auras and confused. Need help!!!!  (Read 164 times)

Offline Gone crazy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Seeing visual auras and confused. Need help!!!!
« on: May 03, 2014, 05:00:03 PM »
Firstly I do have a general anxiety disorder and been afraid that I have had some far fetched diseases and conditions. With that said over the last two years I have experienced, what I could best describe as episodes in which I first experience a visual aura where blurriness that gets progressively bigger over the course of about a half an hour then eventually goes away. Then I get really confused and disoriented.... A very unpleasant experience to say the least. Which two of the times has landed me in the hospital. After ct scans, ekgs, blood work and urine samples all the doctors couldn't really conclude what may have caused these episodes to occur. I am a in shape 23 year old guy that is physically active and no mentionable health issues (apart from my anxiety) the common denominator with all the episodes is that they all occur about 2 hours after a work out. I have neurologist appointment on Monday to hopefully get more answers. This forum helps me a lot and any feedback will be really beneficial as far as what it could or could not be.
Thank you!!!! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Seeing visual auras and confused. Need help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 10:31:31 PM »
I'm not a doctor, but I wonder if you have migraines.  They can cause weird visual symptoms that come and go.  And exercise can be a migraine trigger.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Seeing visual auras and confused. Need help!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 10:42:58 PM »
I get them about twice a year. I've heard they have something to do with migraines even though I don't get migraines.  There's another condition called scintillating sconoma (spelling?) that's similar to an aura. My eye doctor said its nothing to worry about.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: