Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Question - flu shot  (Read 92 times)

Offline Niceguy237

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Question - flu shot
« on: May 03, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »
I am not one of these conspiracy theorists about the flu shot.  I don't believe it gives people the flu and have gotten several times in my life with no perceived ill effects. 

I hadn't gotten it for 4 years but gave in this new year when I was scared about the media reports on h1n1 and younger people getting sick.  The shot went fine, however, when I got it I had a shock sensation travel down my arm to my hand.  Almost like the needle nicked a nerve - but i think it's too small to do this?  Anyway one area of my hand was pins and needles for like 30 mins then it faded.

The strange thing is - a few weeks later, I started getting the random muscle twitches all over which I have never had my entire life.  And I still have them like 2 months later when my muscles are at rest. 

My anxiety was high before the flu shot and is stil high now, but just wondering if anyone else can relate to this?
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question - flu shot
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 01:21:39 PM »
I sincerely doubt the twitching is related. 

Apparently needles can hit and irritate/injure nerves, though it's not usual.  The page I'm reading right now doesn't go into detail, just that they can take a few weeks to heal themselves, so perhaps the nurse poked a nerve or something, hence the hand numbness? 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: