Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Numb area on my thigh... Brain tumor?  (Read 127 times)

Offline kokakola

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Numb area on my thigh... Brain tumor?
« on: May 02, 2014, 10:52:29 PM »
Hi, I found this spot on my thigh about 2 months ago and it has cursed my soul (a bit dramatic)! Anyway, it can't feel touch, but it can feel pain though the sensation is a bit muted and delayed. Google says melargia paresthetica. I don't know if that's true, because it is sort of in the area afflicted by that condition, but an amount of it is out of the area. it burns sometimes at night. Also, I get headaches a bit more frequently than an average person (but most days i drink no water, and am stressing about something...) . Also, sometimes my short term memory is kind of impaired. I'm 15. Help?
Bookmark and Share

Offline KirklandHarris

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Numb area on my thigh... Brain tumor?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 01:06:16 AM »
I started getting awful headaches in the height of my brain tumor fears too. A couple of days before my MRI, the nature of the headaches changed and they became very very indicative of a brain tumor. It would get worse with coughing, bending over, you name it. It also was sometimes worse in the mornings. Not always though. I also had feelings of numbness. Mostly in the right side of my face. For me, it felt like that feeling you get after lifting your face from a pillow after sleeping on your face, except the sensation would stay for most of the day on most days. I also had tons and tons of other symptoms that were 100% synonymous with a tumor. Ones that seemed too weird and specific to attribute to anxiety. Basically, the MRI was the beginning of the end for me, so when I finally found out that the MRI came back normal I was so thrilled. If something is bothering you as bad as it did me, get an MRI for piece of mind. I bet you're completely fine. Even if you're not, the symptoms seem mild enough to where if it's a brain tumor it can be dealt with easily. Your age will help with that too. If it's MS, you caught it young enough to where it won't really change anything in your life for a very long time if ever. Even if it does, you'll be okay. People from MS tend to live about as long as those without it. So even worst case scenario doesn't sound too bad :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
Re: Numb area on my thigh... Brain tumor?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 06:07:56 AM »
It could be a lot of things. Plus at your age, it's much more likely to be something benign/harmless... 

We can't diagnose you any better than Doctor Google can though, so go see a real doctor about it when you can.
Bookmark and Share
Currently afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Tags: Brain tumor numb thigh