Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: LADIES - itchy dry nipple for weeks and now a spot leaking clear fluid... HELP!!  (Read 229 times)

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Someone please help me.  I am in total freakout mode here.  For the past several weeks, or maybe months, I've lost count my left nipple has been crazy itchy and has gotten dry.  The dry skin actually flakes off if I pick it, i'ts so dry.  Anyway, last night I was doing work on my computer and mindlessly scratching my nipple because it was itchy (AGAIN).  And then I noticed that it suddenly felt very sore, not like any other time.  So when it was time for bed, I looked at it and almost passed out.  There was a teeny tiny open sore (for lack of a better word) that was oozing clear fluid!!  It wasn't the red, angry type of sore but looked more like a bump that had been scratched open if that makes sense.  The fluid wasn't coming out of my nipple like discharge, but just out of this one spot.

I did notice before I got a shower yesterday that there was a tiny reddish bump in that same spot that wasn't normally there, but because I'm trying to rein in my HA, I tried to ignore and just hopped in the shower.  Well now I'm worried that it was really something and that I accidentally scratched it open.  I looked this morning and it looked almost normal and didn't seem to be oozing... but I put some lotion on it for the dry skin and I guess with the rubbing it started oozing again!  OMG just writing this is sending me into a panic. 

Is it possible for skin to ooze clear fluid if it's been scratched open?  It seems odd to me, but I feel like I've had that happen with cuts before (though later on, after healing starts).  Someone PLEASE HELP!
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline Air Nomad

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone, please??
Bookmark and Share

Online shuttterbug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You probably just had a sore on your nip that got irritated and burst wIth you constantly scratchIng.  If its not coming out of the nipple itself I think you're fine. Do you have any lumps or anything? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Air Nomad

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks, shutterbug.  No lumps or anything but the whole itching, dry skin and now this has me totally freaked about Paget's Disease or something.  This morning it seems to have mostly stopped oozing so I'm HOPING, dear God I'm hoping, that it's just what you said.  A sore that formed or a little gland that got swollen with the itching and got scratched open. 

UGH I hate anxiety.  I freak out at the first sign of anything weird, don't give it time to see if it goes away like normal people.  And then, so far, whatever it is always goes away and I'm fine until the next thing.  Sometimes I wish I could just be dead inside, numb to everything so I wouldn't have to suffer through this.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: