Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Update.  (Read 357 times)

Offline sassparella

• Queen of Health Anxiety
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Update.
« on: May 02, 2014, 06:53:13 AM »
Hi,

I haven't been here for a long time, I don't know if anyone will actually remember me, but I just wanted to post an update. The last time I was on the board I was coming off of Olanzapine (Zyprexa) and it was really hard. Five weeks of terrible anxiety and insomnia later and things started getting better. The insomnia lasted for about five months, and I still don't sleep brilliantly but I do manage to sleep :) I just wake up quite a bit through the night.
Interestingly with the disappearance of my initial withdrawal symptoms from the Zyprexa, my health anxiety all but vanished. I have been feeling so much better the last 8 or 9 months with hardly a worry. I had to go to the dermatologist about some marks on my skin my doctor was concerned about and didn't bat an eyelid - they turned out to  be nothing. I'm now on half my dose of fluvoxamine the antidepressant I was also doing and still doing well.

I just wanted to post to show people it is possible to beat health anxiety and if you knew me when I used to post you'll know I had it really really bad. I now live each day as it comes and try not to dwell on the negatives. I don't consider myself completely cured and am always wary of a relapse, but at the moment things are going really well.

I hope you are all doing well too and that it helps to know that it IS possible to feel better again :)

Traci.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Update.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 07:07:55 AM »
Hi, I do remember you, and I am happy that you have your anxiety under control. I still do not, but I am working on it. I guess I have to get a bit more testing for physical concerns out of the way and the hopefully..... :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 08:20:51 AM »
Thank you for coming back and sharing a positive update!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Online forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 11:45:14 AM »
I am glad to hear you are doing good. what did you do for your insomnia? I have had several rounds with it first thought it was Prozac then switched to celexa got better but is back. It is getting on my nerves.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sassparella

• Queen of Health Anxiety
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 01:10:19 PM »
The insomnia was a direct result of stopping the Zyprexa, it gradually wore off over time, but even now I still get a fair amount of insomnia. It's 3am now in Australia and I'm wide awake typing this because I can't sleep. I just had to accept that some nights I couldn't sleep and that when I get tired enough I'll catch up. Yes it is annoying, but there's not a lot else I can do without taking sleeping tablets and I don't want to do that, I'd rather stay away from medication as much as I can now I've reduced my meds so far.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 01:40:56 PM »
Glad to hear you're doing better, Sass.

The insomnia sucks, but it's good that you can attribute it to its true source and not assume that it's a harbinger of something more sinister.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 06:53:44 PM »
Glad you're doing well! 
Bookmark and Share

Online forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 08:14:26 AM »
sassparella,  have you had nights where you didn't sleep at all? I am going thru a time with my insomnia. like I said last year I was trying to get back on Prozac and had a terrible time for 6 wks. finally started sleeping but like you not the best wake up early and during the night. I get afraid when I do this that it will damage my body are kill me. I hate not being able to sleep. I didn't sleep last night I don't know why this is happening and like I said it scares me. will it not harm you to not be able to sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: