Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: feeling nodes all over neck  (Read 632 times)

Offline jhoule22xx

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
feeling nodes all over neck
« on: May 01, 2014, 09:53:31 PM »
I just starting seeing a new doc bc my old one has done nothing for diagnosing a tyroid problem for years. This new one is ordering a Ton of bloodwork. She mentioned hashimotos disease . I keep feeling my neck and there is little bumps everywhere. Some I've had for a long time. Am I imagining them or is it from a thyroid condition or lymphoma cancer I'm freaking out . Please help thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: feeling nodes all over neck
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:09:27 PM »
I'm currently going through this same thing with feeling my neck. When I run my hand down both sides of my neck, like on those long muscles that go down the sides of your neck, I feel a ton of lumpy things. I have no idea if they are lymph nodes, muscle, or something else...
Bookmark and Share

Offline jhoule22xx

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 10:21:27 PM »
Yes me too. Do you have any lumps on back of your neck at all even up by hair line? Are we causing these lumps from rubbing and checking?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 10:37:48 PM »
Yes I feel them in the back when I rub around to feel them. I know mine feel a little bigger ever since I've been feeling them so much so I'm thinking I may have made them that way. I'm sure that's the case with you too. I just wish I could keep my hands off of my neck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jhoule22xx

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 06:27:24 AM »
Ya me too... my skin is red back there I think from touching
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jt23

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 08:52:53 AM »
I have two small round balls one on each side of my hair line on the back of my neck. I also have a weird thing about 2cm long beside my Adam's apple on the sides and on the very side of my neck I have one just under an inch long. I have had blood tests and multiple docs felt them and said nothing to worry about. I still can't get the fear out of my mind. You're not alone. You can actually see the one in my side of my neck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 07:21:43 PM »
Lymph nodes drive me insane. I think they are just far too easy to feel if you feel around and that's why so many people are freaked out by them!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jhoule22xx

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 11:23:04 PM »
I have one that I can see on side of neck too I'm waiting for a bunch of blood work to come back it scares me waiting I keep thinking about all these horrible things they are gonna find wrong :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Teril

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 07:42:09 AM »
Joining the group here.

I was diagnosed with Hashimotos hyperthyroid back in the 80's. (I didn't know back then that Hashimotos is an autoimmune illness.) At any rate, I had a FANTASTIC endocrinologist back then who put me on Synthroid.  I had regular blood tests and appointments that kept my thyroid in balance.  At each visit my endo. would feel my neck.

Due to a job change with different insurance I had to stop seeing this Dr. after about eight years or so.  My then PCP monitored my thyroid/prescribed my meds, then over the years just whichever Dr. I was going to.  I knew it wasn't being monitored as closely as it should be but I was going through a lot of other life issues at the time.

Fast forward to the present - I began seeing a Dr. last Fall who specializes in hormones and hormone treatments of various types, including thyroid.  He did extensive blood tests and changed my thyroid med. to a natural one called Nature-Throid.  Two sets of blood tests (one by a PCP and one by this Dr.) showed the test for parathyroid a bit elevated.  I noticed that myself as the PCP did not mention it and brought it to the attention of my current Dr. after I researched it online and freaked out.  This Dr. said he felt it was connected to the the Hashimotos and not to be concerned.  Three weeks ago I had my first blood tests since being put on the new medication and my appointment is next week for the results.  I'm always nervous when I go for lab results but I've been freaking out the last couple of weeks because...

...the lymph glands in my neck are also swollen and tender.  I also have a lot of sinus drainage and my ears hurt so I'm hoping it's just a sinus infection; however, I've been feeling around my neck/thyroid area and "everything" feels swollen.  Arggggh.  To top it off I just began coughing a lot the last couple of days so fears of thyroid cancer are beginning to loom in my mind.

Yeah, what *are* all these little bumps and stuff in our throats???
Bookmark and Share

Offline jhoule22xx

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 04:21:55 PM »
I'm being tested for hashimotos . Can hashimotos cause swollen lymph nodes? Where are yours on your neck?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Teril

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 06:28:21 PM »
First a correction from my initial post - that should have been "hypothyroid" - not "hyperthyroid."  Pesky typos.   :-*

I'm honestly not sure about Hashimotos causing swollen lymph nodes; my guess for mine currently is either a sinus infection or an infected tooth but I tend to get a bit alarmed when they swell.  Mine are on either side of my neck toward the middle.  They had been tender to the touch several days ago but aren't as much now.  I've been taking Vitamin C today since it is an anti-inflammatory.

I totally understand about the fear of waiting for results of blood tests.  I go in for results of my latest panel on Thursday and I'm already getting hyper-anxious.  Let's expect the best for both of us.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 03:40:24 AM »
I have at least 3 enlarged nodes in my neck which I have posted about a few times. Feeling them causes me extreme anxiety.
Then 2 days ago when I was washing my neck I felt a tiny lump along the side of my neck. At first I thought it was a vein protruding but after giving it a good feel and comparing it to the other side, it definitely feels like a tiny lump. This one is very new. Panic stations.
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Offline jhoule22xx

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 07:14:35 AM »
I have those too on both sides
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 07:42:37 AM »
The tiny lump/bumps on veins in neck?
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 09:43:42 AM »
I feel a bunch of lumps on my neck, right on that muscle that runs down both sides of the neck. I can only really feel them if I completely look to my right or left. anyone else feel this?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: