Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Indigestion?  (Read 668 times)

Offline Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Indigestion?
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 08:44:48 AM »
That's great!

You may already know this, but Traditional Medicinals makes a ginger tea (it does have lemon in it, but that's never bothered me...it may be a trace amount?). I had heartburn/acid reflux issues not long ago & it really helped. I now keep a box on hand in case I feel it coming on. It's also good for nausea & upset stomach. And just digestion in general. I often drink a cup of it in the evening after the kids go to bed. I like the taste & find it relaxing. I can't say enough about it! I thought I'd mention it in case you haven't tried it yet. Might be good to have on hand in case you don't feel like making your own or don't have ginger root when you need it. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline North34

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »
Thanks!, I will have to have a look for it.. Would Walmart carry it? Not sure where your located but I'm in Canada. Thanks again. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 01:47:39 PM »
Thanks!, I will have to have a look for it.. Would Walmart carry it? Not sure where your located but I'm in Canada. Thanks again. :)

Walmart might. Natural foods stores should definitely carry it, possibly drug stores, too. I first bought it at our local supermarket, but then found it way cheaper on Amazon. Only catch is you have to buy a 6 pack to get the price! Which for me was fine because I use it so much. http://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Medicinals-Organic-Ginger-16-Count/dp/B0009F3PIK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399311769&sr=8-2&keywords=traditional+medicinals+ginger

Bookmark and Share

Offline North34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 08:57:50 PM »
Thanks.. I will look into that for sure... So today was really bad.. Almost bad enough to leave work.. Sent me into a huge panic attack.. At least I think that's all it was.. Still feel like crap but not as bad.. Gonna make a ginger tea and try to relax :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 09:14:45 PM »
So the last week or so I am having alot of burning in throat with some burping.. Won't seem to let up.. Tried tums, gaviscon, zantac, nothing seems to work.. Maybe for a short time but it comes back.. My eating habits are not the greatest.. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

same thing here had stomach pain that wouldnt go got really painfull and doctor saidi had acid fylux or something and give me tabs but they wernt working so i drink a glass of warm water and massge belly also try drink coke i no it can make it worse but sometimes it helps not a lot just like a can
Bookmark and Share

Offline North34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 09:05:12 AM »
Thanks for the reply.. Today anxiety is high.. So paranoid about having the same day as I did at work yesterday.. Stomach is feeling bloated and chest pains.. Not extreme but there.. Any advice...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »
I'm sorry you're having bad anxiety. I don't know what I can tell you to do since you're at work & I don't know what you're able to do, but when my anxiety gets really bad I either do some sort of exercise or do some deep breathing, maybe repeat something over & over to get your mind off of the anxious feeling. I don't know why, but I'll repeat the "Our Father" prayer in my head over & over sometimes & it calms be down! I hope it gets better!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 01:54:21 PM »
omg worrier i do that to yesterday i was pacing saying our father prayer really helped i calmed down after 10 mins
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 02:23:03 PM »
omg worrier i do that to yesterday i was pacing saying our father prayer really helped i calmed down after 10 mins

That is too funny! It does work, though!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: