Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Indigestion?  (Read 329 times)

Offline North34

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Indigestion?
« on: May 01, 2014, 09:39:27 PM »
So the last week or so I am having alot of burning in throat with some burping.. Won't seem to let up.. Tried tums, gaviscon, zantac, nothing seems to work.. Maybe for a short time but it comes back.. My eating habits are not the greatest.. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Indigestion?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 05:02:55 AM »
Cut back on fried and spicy foods.  If the over the counter medications aren't helping, speak to your doctor - there might be a prescription they think will be helpful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 06:12:17 AM »
Your digestive health is directly tied to your diet; change your diet and change your digestive health
Bookmark and Share

Offline North34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 10:44:46 AM »
Would it cause chest pain and sore to touch around the chest area.. or would that me more muscle related?.. Woke up ok but now i can feel the acid in my throat. Any recommendations on what to eat to maybe slow it down to get some relief?
Bookmark and Share

Offline North34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 10:34:35 PM »
Was a brutal day.. Reflux is bad.. Trying ginger lemon tea now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline london23

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 12:18:02 AM »
 you might be dairy intolerant too i.e milk can cause massive acid reflux for me, indigestion is what started my whole anxiety issue, i mistook it for some serious heart problem
Bookmark and Share
If my advice has helped you then please leave me a rec.

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 03:11:45 AM »
Definitely sounds like really bad reflux to me... I have recent experience with this.

FYI, acid reducers like gaviscon and zantac only make the problem worse in the long run. Least in my opinion.

I "cured" my acid reflux problem with probiotics (I took supplements). Try eating some yogurt for a while, see if that helps at all. 
Bookmark and Share
Currently afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline Descent

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 03:14:44 AM »
Also, any history of antibiotic use? I developed GERD after taking antibiotics for a couple weeks. Probiotics were the only thing that got my system back to normal working order.
Bookmark and Share
Currently afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 07:31:34 AM »
Ginger tea yes - anything with lemon for my is a "no no" because the acid - even in the tea can make it much worse.

Start eating plain, nonfat yogurt (it helps to get your digestive track back where is should be).  Make sure you're getting enough water.  To the extent possible eliminate any foods that are spicy, fatty, greasy or acidic.  Sugar should be the first thing to go.  Limit your caffeine intake.  No soda.  A big help is easting some crystalized ginger - ginger is great at calming down indigestion.

Over the counter meds like tums or gas-ex can help greatly.

If you do your part, its probably going to take 10-14 days for it to start to calm down - there is no instant solution.  If you are doing your part and after 2 weeks you don't feel better then call your doc.

Best of luck
Bookmark and Share

Offline North34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 08:30:09 AM »
Thank you all for the replies!.. Over the weekend everything seems to be easing off.. I bought some fresh Ginger Root and Honey... Made my own tea.. and it seems to work.. I eat Activia daily.. Now just to change my eating habits.. Kind of a hard one to kick having 4 kids lol.. But will give it my best.. and yes i actually been on antbiotics for 2 weeks for a throat infection.. Stopped them last week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 08:44:48 AM »
That's great!

You may already know this, but Traditional Medicinals makes a ginger tea (it does have lemon in it, but that's never bothered me...it may be a trace amount?). I had heartburn/acid reflux issues not long ago & it really helped. I now keep a box on hand in case I feel it coming on. It's also good for nausea & upset stomach. And just digestion in general. I often drink a cup of it in the evening after the kids go to bed. I like the taste & find it relaxing. I can't say enough about it! I thought I'd mention it in case you haven't tried it yet. Might be good to have on hand in case you don't feel like making your own or don't have ginger root when you need it. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline North34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »
Thanks!, I will have to have a look for it.. Would Walmart carry it? Not sure where your located but I'm in Canada. Thanks again. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 01:47:39 PM »
Thanks!, I will have to have a look for it.. Would Walmart carry it? Not sure where your located but I'm in Canada. Thanks again. :)

Walmart might. Natural foods stores should definitely carry it, possibly drug stores, too. I first bought it at our local supermarket, but then found it way cheaper on Amazon. Only catch is you have to buy a 6 pack to get the price! Which for me was fine because I use it so much. http://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Medicinals-Organic-Ginger-16-Count/dp/B0009F3PIK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399311769&sr=8-2&keywords=traditional+medicinals+ginger

Bookmark and Share

Offline North34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 08:57:50 PM »
Thanks.. I will look into that for sure... So today was really bad.. Almost bad enough to leave work.. Sent me into a huge panic attack.. At least I think that's all it was.. Still feel like crap but not as bad.. Gonna make a ginger tea and try to relax :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 09:14:45 PM »
So the last week or so I am having alot of burning in throat with some burping.. Won't seem to let up.. Tried tums, gaviscon, zantac, nothing seems to work.. Maybe for a short time but it comes back.. My eating habits are not the greatest.. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

same thing here had stomach pain that wouldnt go got really painfull and doctor saidi had acid fylux or something and give me tabs but they wernt working so i drink a glass of warm water and massge belly also try drink coke i no it can make it worse but sometimes it helps not a lot just like a can
Bookmark and Share

Tags: