Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Desperate!!!! Pelvic pain anyone (woman) scared!!!  (Read 616 times)

Offline laneysmom25

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Desperate!!!! Pelvic pain anyone (woman) scared!!!
« on: May 01, 2014, 08:16:29 PM »
My anxiety has been through the roof lately. Mainly my health anxiety. I'm a hypochondriac....like really bad. So about 3 days ago I started getting low pelvic pains. Not anything severe just annoying. So I went to doc today. No bladder infection or anything. But he's running off this long list of ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, colon cancer. He's like it could be something simple or something severe. So he felt around my pelvis and said everything felt normal. He did a pap but I gotta wait for results. He also did blood work to check my thyroid. I'm in a complete panic right now awaiting the results. I'm so scared it's something bad. I'm 28 years old. I just wanna cry. I'm scared it's gonna be bad :-/ you probably think I sound nuts. Just trying to find reassurance.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daisymae

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Desperate!!!! Pelvic pain anyone (woman) scared!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 08:23:56 PM »
I'm surprised your doctor jumped right to the worst case scenarios.  There are other reasons for pelvic pain.  I personally have it from adhesions from prior c-sections.  Other possible reasons for pelvic pain are ovulation, endometriosis.  I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I know it's hard not too.  Did the doctor do an ultrasound?  That might help put your mind at ease.
Bookmark and Share

Offline laneysmom25

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 08:29:56 PM »
No ultrasound. Just did pelvic exam and said he didn't feel anything when palates me. I had an abnormal pap in February and did further testing and no precancerous stuff was found so he said he'd wait a year to do another pap. I'm just scared this pain has something to do with the abnormal pap and I have cervical cancer. Yea. I hate that he jumped to the worst case stuff. He's like " I'm not trying to scare you but we need to talk about everything". So ofcourse I googled and the most severe stuff is what came up. And I can't stop dwelling. I'm trying to patiently await the results but I'm so scared and my panic is through the roof :-/
Bookmark and Share

Offline laneysmom25

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 08:34:17 PM »
I've also had two csections. Maybes it's adhesions?? He never brought that up though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daisymae

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 10:03:25 PM »
I was actually at my gyno today and had a pelvic exam done.  We talked extensively about adhesions since I've had 3 c-sections.  It's very very likely you have an adhesion in there.  Start paying attention to when in your cycle you feel the pain.  That will help to narrow down possible causes.  And, I highly doubt it's cervical cancer.  That is one of the absolute slowest growing cancers.  If your doc wants to wait a year to repeat the pap, then he's confident it's not cervical cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 05:06:13 AM »
Your doctor does not sound like a useful guy to have around when you're having health anxiety. 

I had pelvic pain off and on for ages.  Ovarian cysts/endometriomas.  No huge deal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 06:06:56 AM »
Wow!  I'd change doctors!!!   I get that a LOT on and off throughout my life (I'm 55).  My mom had it and when she went to her doctor he said to wait until she got her period and if it doesn't go away to come back (that was about 3 weeks) - it did go away after her period.  I had it the same way and I recalled what my mom said so I waited until after my period and I still had it, but being I am terrified of doctors I waited longer and it finally DID go away, in a little over a MONTH!   I STILL get that at times and I'm 3 years post menopause.   
Only 3 days and your doctor scares the living you know what out of you??  I'd be so ticked off!
I'm glad I could still modify this answer...  I forgot to add that once I TOLD my gyno about that at an exam at the time I was HAVING some of that dull pain and he just blew it off!  He didn't even say anything when I told him!
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 06:50:00 AM »
I have had pelvic pain on and off for years. I did have an endometrioma years ago, which caused some pain, but otherwise my pain came from adhesions from the endometrioma surgery and from muscle pain. There are several muscles in your lower back and abdomen that cause pelvic pain. Most of my pelvic pain actually originates from the iliopsoas muscle. Try getting a massage and see if that helps. If it persists, and it's not muscular in origin, you may want to request an ultrasound. But, seriously, pelvic pain is so common - especially in women of child-bearing age. Don't worry!
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 08:57:35 AM »
Wow, your doctor is something else - jumping to cancer being a possibility.  I couple of years ago I had pelvic pain for six months. It turned out to be a pulled muscle and I just had to work on fixing that. There can be many benign reasons for Pelvic pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 09:19:37 AM »
I think the next step should be to get an U/S. It's prob a cyst or something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 09:40:15 AM »
Last august I swore I had ovarian cancer. I had bloating, pain in my rectum/lower pelvic when I say heavily or walked, and my weight was jumping up and down. I had a pelvic exam and when my righ ovary was palpated it hurt so bad! I knew I had a tumor on it and I was gonna die. :( well, I had 4 ultrasounds, regular and transvaginal and my ovaries and uterus and all those things in there were 100% normal! I had a small cyst on one ovary, but they are very normal and come and go every month.  I even was shown the ultrasound photos and shown how normal they were.
 I would ask for an ultrasound and clear all this worry up :)
Oh and get a new Gyno. He sounds awful..... I find women to be much more caring and understanding with these types of things because they can relate.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Air Nomad

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 10:13:56 AM »
I can understand your anxiety, especially when a doctor throws around the C-word like he's making a cup of tea.  Umm, what?!  But seriously, I've had all kinds of pelvic pains that have all turned out to be absolutely nothing or totally benign.  I once had a cyst that was causing me a dull pressure-type pain and I was convinced it must be ovarian cancer.  Ultrasound showed a tiny cyst and a couple weeks later I realized the pain was gone.  I've also had pelvic pains for absolutely no discernible reason.  Eventually it went away on its own.  I know how nerve-racking it can be, but it's only been three days (an eternity for those with hypochondria, I KNOW!).  Give it some time.  I am so sure you're fine.
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 12:35:15 PM »
There is also muscle bladder spasms that can cause pain and issues. There are the Psoas muscles that go right into the pelvis and groin area and can really cause pain. They are usually muscles  that are spasming.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »
Oh btw, forgot to mention, all my symptoms cleared up shortly after my ultrasounds.
Bookmark and Share

Offline laneysmom25

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 03:53:53 PM »
Thank u all for your kind responses. I'm patiently awaiting my results trying not to freak out. You guys are great!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: