Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My intro./story  (Read 80 times)

Offline andyinfear

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
My intro./story
« on: May 01, 2014, 04:52:51 PM »
I'm a 26 year old male. I don't ever have any caffeine, drugs or alcohol in my system. Unfortunately I do smoke cigarettes. And, I suffer from severe anxiety. I've had anxiety for probably about 6 or 7 years. I've had my good times and my bad times. Well, right now I'm going through a bad time. My worst by far. It's been going on for about four months. I live in Ohio. And the weather this winter was brutal! The worst I think we've ever had in my lifetime. So, I started not wanting to go anywhere because of it. Now, even after winter.. I have trouble even getting into a car. I've become agoraphobic. My first ever panic attack that I can remember happened in a car. Ever since then.. cars have freaked me out. That's just one layer of my story. The second layer is.. I have health anxiety. I haven't been to a doctor yet, even though I'd love to go. I'm just afraid of the outcome and the car. I'm constantly worried about my heart. It's the worst when I wake up in the morning. My heart races and races. And, I'm constantly checking my heart rate. In the morning it tend to be in between 100 - 130 while still laying in bed. It stays around 100 - 120 throughout the day with no physical activity at all. I've become bedridden. Mainly because upon standing my heart rate tends to jump pretty high. But, it only seems to happen during my worst parts of the day. I do have my good times though. And those seem to be at night mostly. My heart rate tends to go back to normal 70 - 100. And I don't seem to have too much trouble falling asleep at night.

I guess I just wanted to get my issues out there. Maybe this will help people. And let them know that they don't suffer alone. We all have our issues here. And I know I'm newly signed up. But, I've been reading a lot on here for the past few weeks. I'm willing to talk to you if you need a friend, someone to spill your guts to. We could all use that I'm sure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: My intro./story
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 05:17:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Matt55

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My intro./story
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 12:09:11 PM »
I feel your pain.. I've been to more doctors that i can count this year. Had every heart test in the book done. Had 3 lyme disease tests done and everything was normal. I also love in Ohio and this winter seemed to hit me hard. I was so terrified of these symptoms that that i made myself physically not able to work. I've been laid off for 3 1/2 months now. The doc at the Cleveland Clinic told me it was and Anxiety disorder but i still to this day have a hard time believing him. I almost want to see a neurologist, but I also think to myself when will it stop? When will i be satisfied that it's just an anxiety/ panic disorder? I'm working on it everyday but it is terribly hard to get the thoughts out of my head. Sunny days are my best ones though. If i were you I'd go see the doctor just to make sure and then you have nothing to worry about.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: