Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone else here WANTING to get pregnant, but...  (Read 187 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone else here WANTING to get pregnant, but...
« on: May 01, 2014, 12:02:01 PM »
Hello all - Just curious if I'm not alone in this -

Anyone else here actually wanting to get pregnant, but are afraid of being diagnosed with something in your pregnancy?

I keep hearing of all of these stories of where a woman gets pregnant and discovers she has cancer, but has to put off treatment BECAUSE she's pregnant. I'm terrified of that happening. OR - if that DOESN'T happen, I'm still scared that during my pregnancy I'm going to be wondering "what if this is cancer? or what if that is cancer?" OR - that postpartum I'll go nuts!

I find it ironic that my husband and I already have two children, and for the longest time, I wanted him to WANT to have more children, because I did. Now that I've got HA and am terrified of getting pregnant, he really wants baby #3.

Gah! Anyone else out there that understands?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone else here WANTING to get pregnant, but...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »
I am pregnant and I have a tumor. You cant live your life on it might be cancer. Cause guess what, it might not be. If it is a life threatening cancer, they will do surgery.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 01:54:48 PM »
During my pregnancies my HA would be focused on the baby. Like I was sure there was going to be something terribly wrong with the baby, or that my body would fail or reject the baby. Oooh those were stressful days. So happy for my healthy little ones, and happy that our family is complete. Wish I could let go of the HA tho!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
I'm kind of afraid of cancers like leukemia. I see a hematologist/oncologist for a platelet disorder. It DOES NOT put me at risk for leukemia at all - with that said, we got to talking about leukemia one day and she said in acute leukemia, you'll be dead within 2 to 4 weeks if it's not treated. It's obviously not something like breast cancer where you can do surgery on it. So it just scares me. I know you can't live your life around "what ifs" so for now we're just seeking God's will on the matter. I don't want to start trying to conceive unless I'm at perfect peace with it...here's to praying for peace!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 03:34:32 PM »
My biggest fear right now, is I have a false positive pregnancy tests and they wont do an ultrasound until the 27th. :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 03:48:51 PM »
Why would you have a false positive pregnancy test? I've followed your story and I know you have a carcinoid tumor - can that cause a false positive? I can understand the office not wanting to do an ultrasound for a while, but what about blood work?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 04:36:29 PM »
I havent found any evidence to it causing a false positive. My tumor does not normally secrete hormones. Just anxiety. I go to the doctor monday for a talk. Maybe he will do blood work then. Not sure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 05:01:39 PM »
Funny, you have the same last name as my friend and her husband - they also have two kids!  (No one in the fam has HA as far as I know, though.  And I'm secretly hoping they go for baby #3 as well because their little girls are ridiculously adorable.)

It does happen, but the reason it makes news stories is because it's so unusual!  I know knowing that doesn't help, though. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 05:56:59 PM »
They actually don't delay treatment anymore.  They have chemos that don't damage the fetus.  I know two people who had breast cancer that was diagnosed during pregnancy and they were both treated.  Any surgery was done after the baby was born.  Amazing, isn't it?

Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 11:30:04 PM »
LOL Molly - I have a boy and a girl. Ages 3 and 1.

When I was pregnant with my daughter two years ago (wow that went by fast!) I knew a woman - never met her - but my extended family knew her. She was 28 and also pregnant. She went to the hospital one night with shortness of breath around 28 weeks pregnant. They discovered a tumor in her lung that was wrapping itself around her heart. She was NOT able to have chemo until after her little boy was born at 34 weeks. She lived about 8 months after that. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: