Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Risperidone and OCD/Health Anxiety  (Read 160 times)

Offline Evernight74

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Risperidone and OCD/Health Anxiety
« on: May 01, 2014, 08:13:26 AM »
Wondering if anyone has experience with Risperidone. I have health anxiety and OCD I become obsessed with health illness and my rituals are going to the doctor/ checking my blood pressure and heart rate/ worrying about my breathing.. Taking medications and their side effects completely freaks me out. I am currently taking 60mg of Prozac/ 1mg of Xanax 3x daily and now I am on day 2 of Risperidone .5mg in the morning and at night.. It all scares me to death and I cant stop looking at the side effects it might cause. Help anyone please!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Evernight74

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Risperidone and OCD/Health Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 08:54:41 AM »
Anyone???
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 100
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 05:29:57 PM »
I am currently taking 60mg of Prozac/ 1mg of Xanax 3x daily and now I am on day 2 of Risperidone .5mg in the morning and at night.. It all scares me to death and I cant stop looking at the side effects it might cause. Help anyone please!!!

Is Prozac your first antidepressant? If not, what others have you been on, at what dose, and what were the results?

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 08:25:46 PM »
I wonder why you don't take klonopin instead of Xanax, for some such as myself Xanax has a short life so the rebound anxiety can be unpleasant. That rebound anxiety may be contributing to your state.  Klonopin is much longer acting and there is less yo-yo effect, at least in my experience. Its also easier to come off of, should that time come.  If that doesn't help the anxiety, the Risperidone I guess is supposed to help, but I too am wary of this class of drugs, though they seem to be increasingly popular (at least here in the US) as add ons to antidepressants.  Prozac can also be too stimulating for some of us (though it works fine for others) and there are a lot of other ADs you could try.  Lexapro might be a good one if you haven't already tried it. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: