Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ibs or cc?  (Read 274 times)

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ibs or cc?
« on: May 01, 2014, 07:21:36 AM »
So I have been having bladder issues and bowel issues. I had a bladder scan yesterday, checking bladder, kidneys, uterus and ovaries. All was normal. I am so relieved.

However for well over a year I've been having soft stools in the morning. Not diareah  but not fully formed. Always put it down to anxiety and my gp says ibs.

Now thought I feel as if I'm having soft stools and then the next say constipation but when it comes it's sometimes formed but other times it comes out soft. So how can I be constipated and it be soft???

So now I'm in a complete panic that I've got some sort of tumour blocking things. I know I don't have anything in the rectum as (tmi) but I had a doctor do an exam last week. I don't see blood in my stools but I do see mucus sometimes when I do get diareah which happens I've noticed if I eat fatty foods. All my blood test results are normal. I am 33, no smoker and non drinker.

Could this be colon ca???
Bookmark and Share

Online Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ibs or cc?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 07:46:32 AM »
Could it? Yes. Is it? 99.9% sure it is not. I have the exact some thing. Two colonoscopies and no colon cancer. I see mucus too. Mucus is natural in our digestive track. It is also very, very, very common in IBS to come out in such a way that we see it more often than not.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bluebird6

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 09:21:09 AM »
Hi, I went through what you are going through a couple months ago. I fully convinced myself I had cc bc I had a tiny bit of blood and mucus on toilet paper. I tortured myself too about how my stool looked and made myself believe I had a tumor blocking something. Like the Brick said, mucus in stool is a normal and natural thing to have. I even had the mucus when I did the cleanse for the colonoscopy I had (everything was normal). What I found was after I had the colonoscopy was that I was so relieved and stopped thinking about it that everything went back to normal especially my stool. It's amazing what stress and anxiety does to you. You can have IBS with so much worry and anxiety. Also changes in stool shape and consistency are completely normal and depend on diet and stress.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 09:55:16 PM »
I just can't stop thinking I have some sort of blockage because I literally cannot go to the toilet. I'm even findin passing gas harder?

Bookmark and Share

Offline bluebird6

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 12:46:45 PM »
I'm really sorry you're going through this...I had those same symptoms and now wonder if my anxiety of thinking I had cc made me have them. It all seemed to stop after I knew I was fine. Or maybe I just don't notice it now. It is possible though, to have soft stool and feel constipated at same time. Have you tried adding more fiber to your diet to see if that helps?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: