Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: "stop making problems for yourself"  (Read 192 times)

Offline Lucinda_x

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
"stop making problems for yourself"
« on: May 01, 2014, 01:56:00 AM »
I have quite a close family possibly because we haven't had the best of luck..I have 2 sisters one is my identical twin..she had anorexia a few years a go and 2 years ago my father passed away at home...this has made us all very strong. I began drinking a year ago and as a result started having panic attacks from the withdrawals ..that was the worst and scariest week of my life and my sister one night turned round to me and said "shut up for god sake! There always has to be a bloody problem! !"
Gah I just wish I could turn this anxiety off...I actually feel like im letting the family down if I talk to them about it..like its another thing they have to deal with. I feel really let down and lonely by her saying that  :(  ive kept all this stuff in for so long. It feels good to write it down here.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: "stop making problems for yourself"
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
The good thing about a site like this is that we all understand each other. Strangers though we may be. Maybe start a blog or a journal and write your every thought down. It would be a bit like doing self therapy. The more we hold things in the more it can bring us down. It is always best to get it out there one way or the other. You are not letting anybody down at all. That is something people with anxiety think a lot of the time. So they stay silent. Which only makes their problems even worse. I have no idea if you are in college or work. If college I would suggest looking for someone in the college you could talk to. Most places have them. If in work, It might be good to look around for a therapist. I know a lot of people don't have that kind of money to hand out. There are some places that are cheaper. Maybe they are based around people helping other people. Work on a donation basis. Just somewhere you go and talk. Express how you really feel inside. But we always here for you too.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline cravenmobile

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: "stop making problems for yourself"
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 05:26:26 PM »
I know exactly how you feel in regards to the Drinking withdrawals making anxiety a lot worse. I started drinking once I got out of the military to ease the anxiety and it's hard to stop. It really helps to have somewhere to vent, people on here are great at listening and offering advice. Stick around.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: