Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Zoloft and Depression maybe?  (Read 133 times)

Offline Momoizkool

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Zoloft and Depression maybe?
« on: April 30, 2014, 09:36:15 PM »
I am asking this question to see if anyone else taken 50mg of generic zoloft for almost 2 years and made you depressed? My husband was put on this almost 2 years ago for his anxiety,sence then he has not been his "normal self". I am getting scared because I know we are not the same as we once were. Soo much has changed for the both of us sence all of this.  I have been wondering this for about a year but just thought it was our life changes but as time goes on thinking it would get back to normal. It hasnt,only not worse but not the same just grr frustrating to see that I know he is just not how he use to be. Anyway....Just wondering if anyone else toke zoloft and it made you depressed. Everything I read has to do with people that are just starting it or have only tried it for a month or so. Any advice would be much appreciated!  :angel-smiley-006:
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 94
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Zoloft and Depression maybe?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 09:47:20 PM »
I am asking this question to see if anyone else taken 50mg of generic zoloft for almost 2 years and made you depressed?

I suspect that the Zoloft isn't making your husband depressed, he's just not taking enough to alleviate depression. He is at the low end on the therapeutic dose range. Most need to take 100-150mg for good results.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Momoizkool

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 09:49:56 PM »
even if he wasnt depressed before he started taking?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 94
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 12:36:14 AM »
even if he wasnt depressed before he started taking?

Is Zoloft making him depressed, or is he depressed because his anxiety state/quality of life isn't what it should be? It could be either. Antidepressants can sometimes produce a paradoxical reaction. I'm unable to judge what is going on, but his doctor should be able to and I think this needs to be raised with him/her asap.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: