Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Intro and fears  (Read 443 times)

Offline Teril

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Intro and fears
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 10:07:51 AM »
Anxiety is absolutely brutual.  Have you considered getting cognitive behavior therapy.  I did and it worked.  Then I stopped going and I am right back where I was.  I feel like this anxiety is debilitating.

Hi Niceguy and welcome to the community.  I quoted BigK75 because, as you have been experiencing, anxiety can most definitely be brutal and debilitating.  I have had anxiety to various degrees all my life (and I am now a woman "of a certain age") but it has gotten much worse as I've gotten older to the point that I ended up on disability nine years ago, largely due to anxiety that prevented me from going to work many days.

The anxiety has ebbed and flowed, largely depending on circumstances, but any new "symptom" I find sends me off the charts.  Unlike many others, though, I avoid going to doctors when I have a symptom because I don't want to hear what they might find so I do the "ostrich routine."  Due to a recent situation I have had one of the worst HA attacks in years, resulting in my not leaving the apartment and sleeping about 75% of the time to try to block out the frightening thoughts.  I finally got myself to a therapist last week who prescribed a med. that seems to be helping a little.  Of course yesterday a new fear hit (my recent post on hyperparathyroidism) so I'm back to the ARRGGGHHH!!! mode.

Hang in there...and keep talking to us.
Bookmark and Share
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God"
~Phil. 4:6 (NKJV)