Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Was anxiety-free for a year, but now, plagued by stomach fears  (Read 184 times)

Offline a14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello all. I haven't posted here in a year and have grown much stronger in being able to resist my hypo tendencies, but I finally have one that's getting the best of me again. I'll try to be brief about this. I was fine until two weeks ago or so, at which point I noticed that when I would swallow a bite of food, I'd have a moment of sharp but mild discomfort when it would hit my stomach. Some days this happens with every single bite of food I eat, some days it's inconsistent, a few days I didn't notice it. Sometimes it's even ever so slightly there even when I'm not eating, as when I take a breath. Sometimes, even when I haven't eaten, my general upper abdominal area feels like it's twisted up or sort of "hard". Not hard to the touch, but like a squeezing. I don't have any other symptoms; no unintentional weight loss, great appetite, no nausea, stool is a normal color, just this little pain that won't go away when I swallow something.

The only thing that I can think of is that the week leading up to the Easter holiday, I went to several meals with various family and friends where I ate until I was so full that it made me sick. I don't know if expanding your stomach or forcing too much food through your esophagus in a short amount of time can damage or tear it or, if so, how long that even takes to heal, but I was painfully full a few times and this started right after Easter. But I've taken OTC antacids for a week, taken anxiety pills to see if it's simply psychological, but nothing seems to help. Just worried since it's been this long with seemingly inconsistent or no improvement, and of course bad thoughts have begun to take over. I'm strong enough never to google now, but if there's anyone here who's dealt with this sort of thing before and knows whether or not it "sounds" bad, I'd love some insight so I can return to my healing path. Thanks all and wishing everyone here peace and happiness.
Bookmark and Share

Offline a14

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Was anxiety-free for a year, but now, plagued by stomach fears
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »
Bumping because this is back for me. I have a slight moment of discomfort with every swallow of food when it hits my stomach. It seems to go away for a few weeks, then come back for a while, then go away again. My anxiety meds don''t make it go away. I also have sort of a persistent "knot" sensation in my stomach now. Currently taking antacids in case it's a wound of some sort whose healing is impeded by acid, but not really feeling a difference. If someone has experienced this sort of thing, please give me your experience because this is beginning to consume me  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline a14

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 01:10:35 AM »
Anyone? Esophagus still stings with every swallow. Days and days now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline zmichelle557

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 01:50:13 AM »
Probably an ulcer or acid reflux.  I just went to the doc today for it. My throat burns, feels like I have a lump in my throat/chest, hard to breathe, knot in my stomach,  stomach burns,  I get full fast. The list seems endless. Lol but my doctor put me on prilosec 40mg. I have taken one and it seems to be helping.  I actually ate a full meal for dinner instead of just a few bites.  I had lost 7lbs last week from this dang thing. If I were you I would go in and get some meds or buy them over the counter. I tried tums but it didn't seem to even make a difference in the pain I was having. (Also, your anxiety over this is definitely going to make your symptoms worse... at least it did mine.)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: