Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Would pancreatic cancer cause pain all the time?  (Read 347 times)

Online Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Would pancreatic cancer cause pain all the time?
« on: April 30, 2014, 03:55:02 PM »
I'm so embarrassed that I'm back less than a week after getting news that my colonoscopy was negative. I was consumed by my colon cancer fears for almost a year and a half. Now I'm totally completely TERRFIED I have pancreatic cancer because of periodic heartburn type pain that sometimes radiates to my back. It usually happens while I'm sleeping. 95% of the time tums takes the pain away instantly. I don't have discomfort all day or after meals (however last night I over ate and had it) I'm so worried its C of my pancreas or gallbladder. I have had this pain intermittently since my 2nd pregnancy in 2008. Now it's more frequent ;once a month) thinking about it seems to trigger it too?! I'm back to being do afraid of C. I had a large blood panel done at the begining of the month for my yearly physical and everything was perfect. Liver function was normal. I'm still in a state of panic. If this pain was PC would it have gotten worse by now? 
For those who dont know I will be 27 next month, have 4 young children and have suffered from HA and cancer phobia since childhood 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Would pancreatic cancer cause pain all the time?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 04:30:37 PM »
You know how rare is PC below 40? Not to mention that your blood test was perfect and PC that causes symptoms is already advanced enough so something in your blood test would be off. Also, pain wouldn't just go away when you turn..
It's just ridiculous.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 04:31:42 PM »
Lindsay, maybe it'd be a good idea to take yourself out of the equation. If a friend came to you with these complaints, what would you tell them?

What do you REALLY think the TRUE likelihood is that you have pancreatic cancer? At 26 years old? And your ONLY symptom is intermittent heartburn?

I think you know the answer to this.

Let me ask you this:  What do you think it'll take for you to get past this anxiety? Why are you dragging your feet in dealing with your anxiety? What is it about scheduling that therapy appointment or taking those meds that gives you pause? Why is remaining in a state of fear and panic so much more appealing?

You're smart, Lindsay. You're smart and capable and as others have said on here, there's no reason you need to be wasting your 20s in a haze of fear and anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 06:30:32 PM »
My hairdresser was telling me a friend of hers dad had pancreatic cancer and he used to scream in pain it was that bad. She said it was very scary the amount of pain he was in and scary to watch.

It's not just discomfort. He had also lots loads of weight too plus other major symptoms. His doctors knew something was very wrong and it was found on the scan. He was also in his 60s.

You do not have PC. I am willing to bet on it x
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 06:49:25 PM »
I'm going to chime in here, even though it seems your anxiety is interfering with you ability to think rationally and logically about your situation.  A few years ago, I had the worst heartburn ever, almost always at night or after a heavy meal.  When I made an appointment with my PCP to check it out (a little background:  he has been my doctor for 10 years and he is the funniest guy on the face of the earth, no joke), when he opened the door he threw down my file, made a little megaphone with his hands and announced, "I already know what you're thinking and it's NOT! PANCREATIC! CANCER!!!"  After we laughed about it, he did find out that my gallbladder was going south on me.  One ultrasound and one laparascopic surgery later and I am as good as new, I promise.  I've had none of the scary surgery side effects that people love to talk about.  And it might not even be your gallbladder.  In your case it could just be killer heartburn.  But I would bet so much money on you NOT having pancreatic cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mom21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 06:52:22 PM »
My dad passed away in 2007 from PC after being diagnosed for a month, so I understand your fear. I can tell you the pain from PC does not come and go. It is constant and very painful. You would know something was wrong. I'm sure you do not have anything to worry about.
Bookmark and Share

Online IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 07:13:12 PM »
lately as of 3weeks ago I have feeling like something is stuck on my left abdomen. It doesn't hurt just a weird feeling. Im very scared has anyone ever had this. Also it seems that when I eat the miscle on my left upper back start to feel weak and achey but not a pain just fatigued.

Anyone can relate :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 08:20:52 PM »
You have an anxiety issue you pour into new vessels each time you rule out a previous worry.  This will continue until you get help.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 08:38:03 PM »

Let me ask you this:  What do you think it'll take for you to get past this anxiety? Why are you dragging your feet in dealing with your anxiety? What is it about scheduling that therapy appointment or taking those meds that gives you pause? Why is remaining in a state of fear and panic so much more appealing?

You're smart, Lindsay. You're smart and capable and as others have said on here, there's no reason you need to be wasting your 20s in a haze of fear and anxiety.

Lindsay...please answer these questions!  Ive been there...I know the fear monster and how appealing he was but I also knew I would do anything to escape.  I just couldn't live like that.  How can you?
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 08:59:57 PM »

Lindsay...please answer these questions!  Ive been there...I know the fear monster and how appealing he was but I also knew I would do anything to escape.  I just couldn't live like that.  How can you?

To be completely honest I feel a though these fears are perfectly normal. Why seek therapy for fearing something is wrong with my health. The therapist can not look at me an Stella me I do not have some terrible illness. I honestly feel those who do me worry about their health and symptoms are the crazy ones. My husband can not stand to eat me talk about my fears. He is the complete opposite if me and doesn't think about his health at all. He has chest pains ALL the time and could care less. My grandmother on the other hand is a hypo as has been all of her life. She practically lived at the doctor. My mom suffered from anxiety in her 20s and 30s and was multiple medications to control it I feel a though my earth concerns are lagitamit and worth worrying about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 09:05:29 PM »

To be completely honest I feel a though these fears are perfectly normal. Why seek therapy for fearing something is wrong with my health. The therapist can not look at me an Stella me I do not have some terrible illness. I honestly feel those who do me worry about their health and symptoms are the crazy ones. My husband can not stand to eat me talk about my fears. He is the complete opposite if me and doesn't think about his health at all. He has chest pains ALL the time and could care less. My grandmother on the other hand is a hypo as has been all of her life. She practically lived at the doctor. My mom suffered from anxiety in her 20s and 30s and was multiple medications to control it I feel a though my earth concerns are lagitamit and worth worrying about.

So if you're normal and we're the ones with the issue, why are you here?  I choose to live and enjoy my life, sorry if that makes me the crazy one.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »
Lindsay, I think YOU might benefit from this thing I just posted in a separate thread.

http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=53

Please read all of it. Internalise it. Promise yourself you will give some of the exercises a try.

And most importantly, realise that your HA is not 'NORMAL' behaviour that no one else can understand, that other people are somehow not worrying about their health enough. It is taking over your life. Get it dealt with NOW.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 09:25:40 PM »

Trust me this isn't "normal" and I do not like the word normal.  You had health anxiety modeled for you as a child, and now you are modeling it for your children.  The cycle continues until someone is brave enough to step up and say enough is enough.  You will go through body system after body system until you have wasted your life with worry.  Eventually you will be right...someday you will die.  But, why should that day be today?  Are you living?  Are you happy?  If you can't get help for you, can you get it so you don't harm your children by modeling this behavior for them?
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 09:30:50 PM »

Well ... yes, but yet you're here, on a hypochondriacs web board, posting about these concerns. Maybe you've been worrying about your health for so long that you feel like it's normal, but I think what we're trying to convey is that it IS possible to actually NOT worry about these things. I guarantee that EVERYONE posting on this board has felt the way you do now at some point or another. I know I did, but I don't anymore. How? By going and talking to a therapist.

Do you even WANT to reduce your anxiety?

At this point, I'd say it sounds like you're not ready to deal with it. Believe or not, you're not going to find relief through medical testing. Have you so far? No, and you're not going to. Change your behavior, and you'll see a change in mindset. This is what we've all been telling you.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 10:58:05 PM »
At 27 pancreatic cancer is unheard of.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: