Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: First post, am I crazy?  (Read 96 times)

Offline Whitson

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
First post, am I crazy?
« on: April 30, 2014, 02:44:13 PM »
I've been seeing a hematologist for slightly low platelets for 2 years now.  He cant find anything to explain why and has basically told me he's stumped and suggested I go to a big hospital out of state.  Such hospitals specialize in very scary stuff and this sent me into quite a panic.  I've always been a worrier and easily stressed but this has been a wild ride for about 2 weeks now.  He even told me its not that he thinks something is seriously wrong, he just doesn't know what to make of the results.  These two weeks have been miserable; fatigue and inability to make myself get out of bed, general weakness in arms and legs, spells of no appetite, and what bothers me most is pain from my kidney area.  I can hit my back in that area and have no sensitivity or pain from it but its a constant cramp or ache.  I'm drinking tons of water, urine is clear.  I feel more pain pressing inward form my hip bone and when this ache/cramp is present my appetite is gone and I almost feel nauseated.  I've never felt this way before, only after the phone call with the doc.  Now i cant shake it.  I exercise, I eat very healthy, ive taken multi vitamins a few times, nothing helps.  I gradually feel better after 5-7pm and by bed time feel almost normal.  This kidney pain has me wanting to go to the ER, as does the never ending fatigue/weakness.  Anyone have thoughts towards any of this?  thanks for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: First post, am I crazy?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 03:26:06 PM »
I have night sweats and an awful cancer fear. I was seeing my GP for 6 months getting testing and still he had no answers. He said I could see an oncologist if I wanted. Sounded terrifying but I need answers! I need someone who specializes in what I fear to prove me right or wrong. At least we can start looking at treatment If I am right. I saw the oncologist on Monday and got a full blood panel along with tumor marker blood tests. Everything normal but looks like I'm getting a full abdominal/chest/pelvic MRI. I'm scared to, and the doc doesn't think I have anything serious, but it needs to be ruled out. So I guess I will do it because I have no other options besides going back and getting bloodwork every month or waiting for my symptoms to possibly get worse. I would go where your doc recommend you go. The way I'm looking at it, if I have nothing wrong, then hopefully it can be proven. If something is wrong, I can start getting treatment. It's a win win.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: First post, am I crazy?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 05:27:10 PM »
I have had many of those symptoms plus many more. In and out of doctors for years. I never had low platelets. I would have slightly elevated liver enzymes. A few months later livers tests normal, followed by abnormal and etc. I had so many complaints my doctor recommended me to go to the state university hospital. He also didnt think anything was really wrong but he couldnt find a thing. I feel like he wanted me to have all the best tests and hopefully I would finally see that there was nothing wrong. I got better from the physical stuff for a long time until last year. I had the worst fatigue I have ever had. It was almost like I felt unreal. It lasted a few weeks. I had bloodwork and thyroid and all that but everything came back clear. I was so tired sleeping felt like labor. I eventually got better. Im a worrier like you too. I wished I could offer some help to make you feel more at ease but I feel we are paddling the same boat. Hope you get some answers soon!
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Tags: