Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Questions for people who experience chest pain alot....  (Read 170 times)

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Questions for people who experience chest pain alot....
« on: April 30, 2014, 09:54:39 AM »
ok, so I posted yesterday about having chest pains for about a half hour. It spread to my left arm (but more my bicep and forearem). my lung was a little bit affected. I have it again today but not as bad.

my cardio dr and gp have run several tests and say im perfectly fine. I smoke but am trying to cut down, but now I am attributing EVERY ailment/symptom chest or lung related to smoking. My therapist said not beat myself up over the smoking and to just cut down for now and attack the anxiety first.

does anyone get chest pain as a major symptom of anxiety ....and do you get it daily/weekly etc?
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Questions for people who experience chest pain alot....
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 10:38:18 AM »
ANYONE?  :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline JenBNimble

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 11:44:24 AM »
I get chest pain all the time. I think it's a cause of my anxiety rather than a result, at least as far as I can tell. I've also been checked out by a cardiologist and told that I'm fine.

I have different kinds of pains - sometimes it might just be heartburn, sometimes it's tight across the top of my chest and back, which I think might be due to poor posture. The very worst pain I get (which I've been getting off and on for many many years) starts in my lower left ribs, and shoots upwards, sometimes into my shoulders and neck, sometimes down my left arm. It's a stinging kind of pain, almost like a charley horse but in my chest. Maybe it's a spasm in the intercostal muscles? I don't know what causes it. Luckily I don't get these very often.

I probably have some kind of chest pain (usually very brief) at least once a day, but I'm probably more sensitive and just looking for it more than your average person.

I don't know if that helps you at all, but at least it's an example of someone who often has chest pain that doesn't seem to be heart-related.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 01:00:25 PM »
It does make me fell better that I'm not alone.  It just sucks for all of us to be like this. I smoke-- -so now every chest/lung pain i relate to that even tho my doctor says to just cut down and don't cold turkey because its' too much on my major anxiety right now.

It sucks because it "feels" like my heart...and spreads to my lung/back/left arm. But I have no other symptoms..

anyone else?
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 06:08:58 PM »
You are not alone - I get chest pain all the time from my anxiety - having it right now in fact!!  LOL

So long as your doc says your OK then go with that!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 08:23:13 PM »
I am having it right now. I have been having it on and off for the last few days.
It frightens the dickens out of me.
I know I have costochondritis but sometimes I have a hard time distinguishing between chest pain that is cardiac related and stress and anxiety and tension etc.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: