Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Severe anxiety waiting for STI results  (Read 151 times)

Offline AnxietyGrl91

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Severe anxiety waiting for STI results
« on: April 29, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »
So today I just had my first STD test, they did the whole lot including urine and blood sample. I am honestly so terrified that the results are going to come back that I have something like HIV. I've never been more terrified in my life and this is going to be the week from hell while I wait for the results.

I have unprotected sex in the past but it was one time and with one person but that doesn't mean I'm not considering myself the unlucky one who will contract HIV through one unprotected encounter with someone. It makes it even worst that I don't know his current status.

This event happened about 4 to 5 years ago and I only just mustered up the courage to get the blood tests done. I've been tested for chylmadia before and that all came back negative and I got retested for it again today.

Basically I'm just looking for moral and online support during this tough week of waiting.
Bookmark and Share

Offline v12alp

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Severe anxiety waiting for STI results
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 12:12:33 AM »
What is the reason for today's STI testing? On a side note. If your biggest fear is HIV, and you only had one unprotected encounter 4/5 years ago, chances of you having it are almost zero. I can go in depth on this subject, but highly doubt you have to worry about it. In the setting of health anxiety it is obviously not possible. Your results will be negative, mark my words.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxietyGrl91

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Severe anxiety waiting for STI results
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 12:40:11 AM »
My main reason for going into today was to finally find out if I actually have it or not rather than sitting around worrying myself sick over the matter. It took a lot of courage for me to do it but I finally decided to stop playing the 'what if' game.

I do know the person that I had the unprotected encounter with and from what I can see, he is clean but you never know. I do know girls he has slept with and I'm quite sure they have turned up clean too. Where it happened is a small town, if someone had contracted HIV from someone else, people would have heard by now yet that doesn't stop me from worrying.
Bookmark and Share