Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is Breaking out of Routines key to de-stressing?  (Read 111 times)

Online worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is Breaking out of Routines key to de-stressing?
« on: April 29, 2014, 11:16:02 PM »

During my time with GAD, I have noticed that I go to work and then go home each night.  And the monotony is killing me.
Watching TV, surfing the net, etc.  Tonight after work, I had to do to a condo board meeting.  I didn't want to go.

Today was a sad kind of anxious day.  Not normal.   But I did go to the meeting and it was great!!!  Had nice chat with staff at Argo Tea who prepared my dinner.  I got to have input in the condo meeting and was surprised that they agreed that the expense to fix something would not be mine but the condo association.

I WONDER IF THE KEY TO BEING HAPPY IS TO BREAK OUT OF MY ROUTINES.  SO MUCH MORE EXCITING TO GO OUT AND INTERACT WITH WORLD.

Does anyone have any experiences like this?  Any thoughts about breaking out of ruts and becoming happier?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is Breaking out of Routines key to de-stressing?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:45:11 AM »
That is what we class as a form of distraction. You found something else to do. Something new. So you were not just sitting at home with time to think. You gave your mind something new to do. That does help us all the time. To not do the same things over and over and over again. When we do that we feel down. So to mix things up will always make you feel good. Fair play to you for doing what you done.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is Breaking out of Routines key to de-stressing?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:20:36 PM »
Thanks, Cuch.  That makes sense.  Even small breaks from routine can make me feel better.  Usually I sit in the same seat on the bus to work.  Today I sat in a different seat.  After work, I usually go straight home.  Today I had to drop of a machine to be fixed.  Then I stopped at a coffee house to bring a sparkly beverage home...so that I can focus on submitting my novel to a publisher.  Usually I get a medium size drink; today I took a leap and got a large peach tea with sparkling water.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: