Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Endurance  (Read 115 times)

Offline vcr

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Endurance
« on: April 29, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »
Hi,

been suffering gad for 13 years, i guess before that I didn't have a name for it. I understood when I had to seek help that my anxiety was a part of me and now, 13 years later, after a lot of different attempts I feel pretty sad which is not like me... I've always tried to explain this to myself in that nature knows no justice, life is extreme, some people are born with genetic troubles and so on.

The reason I'm writing is because my health is seriously messed up, I have developed a lot of problems over the years. How long can a body endure chronic anxiety, can you live a full life if the only time that you do not experience this is five minutes in the morning, when sleeping (levels has to be reduced anyway) and when drinking/taking drugs (which I don't see any point doing, too expensive). You see I knew all along that gad would eventually destroy my body but a part of me wants to be told otherwise.

Diet: low carb
Meds: a few
Exercise: when my body allow.

Regards.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Endurance
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:51:32 AM »
I have yet to hear of anybody dying from anxiety. Lot of us have had it year. Myself, about 23 years. Though I get out a lot more these days. Over the years things will always change. Symptoms can change too. What effects you today may not effect you in six months time. Others learn to live with it. They can function as per normal most days. This is from learning over a period of time. You can sit and suffer or you can want to learn and get out there and live some kind of life. I believe in pushing myself at all times. Not just sitting around feeling sorry for myself. It can depend on the attitude of the sufferer.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Endurance
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 02:22:30 PM »
I agree with Cuchculan...attitude is everything with anxiety.  I know what you are talking about, as far as the toll you feel anxiety has done to your body.  My body has also been through some rigorous extremes of fight or flight many, many times.  Right now I have been experiencing some heavy duty back muscle tension that I am attributing to good old anxiety.  But I know I can ease the pain in my back some with exercise, soaking in a warm bath, and just relaxing---though with anxiety those things are easier said than done.  That is when attitude comes into play....when all else fails, or things don't change for the better fast enough, attitude can make the unpleasant symptoms of anxiety a tad bit more tolerable.

But I have read time and again, anxiety isn't detrimental to your health, it just makes a person feel miserable at times.

Take care :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: