Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: eye twitching  (Read 110 times)

Offline Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
eye twitching
« on: April 29, 2014, 11:59:44 AM »
Hello everyone I'm wondering if this has ever happened to anyone. Whenever I close my eyes tight and open them I notice that my left eyeball twitches. I don't want to Google it because I'm afraid of what I might read . If anyone has had the same experiences and wants to share it would be truly appreciated. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Beth

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: eye twitching
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 12:47:44 PM »
Hi,

I've had a number of eye twitches from time to time. I had one for a couple months at the end of last year. My left eye would twitch every time I sneezed or yawned, and it also seemed to twitch sometimes when water hit my face in the shower. It happened several times every day. It was so annoying (and, of course, it worried me). At some point, it just stopped. No explanation! I've always been told these are harmless and often brought on by stress and/or lack of sleep.

Beth
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 02:14:21 PM »
My right eye twitched for a week straight before! Still do not know why! I still get occasional eye twitching!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 08:29:06 PM »
I had eye twitching for about 4 months (perhaps longer). It was the top eyelid of my right eye. I was constantly worrying about it. If you take a look at some of the first posts I made here, they are on the topic of my eye twitching. I thought I had a brain tumour because I suffered from headaches as well. When I stopped worrying about the eye twitching, it would temporarily go until I thought about it again.

Most anxiety sufferers have problems with twitching (not just of the eyes as well). It is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety. Whenever you get a twitch, anxiety/stress should always be your first thought.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: