Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: inflammatory breast cancer  (Read 996 times)

Offline Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: inflammatory breast cancer
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 05:10:13 PM »
Thanks again nole23 for your response. I genuinely appreciate all of your efforts to ease my anxiety. I guess one of my main concerns is, what else could cause these symptoms in just one underarm? Surely, if it were something less sinister like personal hygiene, candida infection, deoderant interaction etc, I would have symptoms in both underarms, not just one.
I can't help but add 2 + 2 together and get 5! I know I'm jumping to conclusions, but the symptoms worry me :(
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Offline nole23

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 08:46:26 AM »
Oh it can be perfectly benign and only affect one side. A friend of mine had an intense rash on one side of her. No one could figure out what it was. Turned out to be from stress. Only one side of her body. Benign.
I had this weird tingling sensation on one side of my face. Had an MRI and everything because that's a scary symptom! Was from TMJ. Only the one side - a jaw has two sides but only one got inflamed.
I've had nodes pop up one one side. Doc told me it could be from something as simple as an ingrown hair. Your body is not as symmetrical as you think. Just because it is only affecting the one side does NoT mean it is sinister.
I think you should give this two weeks. If anything gets worse in that time or you're still worried, go back to the doc. But try not to think about it too much for only two weeks.
It is highly unlikely to be the worst case scenario. Highly highly unlikely.
Remember: when you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 09:00:54 AM »
My RN friend whose DR. husband has lymphoma told me that with lymphoma, nodes are almost always enlarged on both sides and not a random node here or there. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 04:30:39 PM »

Remember: when you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras!

Hadn't heard this one before, I love it thanks. Will try to think of it when the HA kicks in.

All symptoms still here. Itching seems to be getting worse again. Still no rash or redness. Thought I felt a lump in my underarm earlier. I really really really thought I did. But then I thought the other underarm actually felt the same. I dunno. On top of that my side (ribcage under breast) is hurting more when I move in certain positions, when breathe deeply, my collarbone area is sore too, my underarm is kinda throbbing. I mean, none of it is excrutiating, but it's all there. Did my worrying make all of these other symptoms come on or is something seriously wrong here? I'm a wreck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nole23

• Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 06:35:12 AM »
Hon I have been there before. A few years ago I went through the IBC fear. For weeks I had real genuine pain in my one breast. It really hurt. Eventually I decided that if I had IBC I would have seen something on my breast by then, it would have looked swollen and inflamed. As soon as I realised this, the pain eased and eventually went away.
I have been down the lymphoma path too. I drove myself crazy. I developed itching on my leg, pain behind my knee, lower back pain. The pain and itching were real. But not caused by lymphoma.
The human mind is very strong. It is proven that when you focus on something in the body, you highlight it. The pain and itching you feel are real, but the cause is not cancer. If you can switch your mind off for a few hours; engage in life, watch a good movie, play a board game, have a great conversation. I think you'll be surprised at how quickly the symptoms lessen. As I said, just try this for two weeks and if no improvement then get it checked out. Either way though you should try not to worry, these are not highly concerning symptoms.
To answer your question: Your worrying may or may not have caused these symptoms to come. But it is DEFINITELY making them more apparent to you and therefore making them worse. Nothing is seriously wrong with you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 03:48:05 PM »
Again, thank you so much. I genuinely appreciate your kind words and advice. I will try to keep my mind off of the symptoms. I'm very busy day to day, I work full time in a busy job, and I'm a mother and constantly on the go, but still I manage to obsess. The thoughts creep in so easily.
I have worried about many, many diseases and illnesses since my HA started. Cancer of any sort, is probably my biggest fear. I have a friend who has been battling it for a couple of years, and I guess it has affected me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 04:16:21 PM »
OK, so it's 2 weeks  later and I am STILL itchy. No rash, redness, lumps or bumps, but this incessant itch is still there.
What could this be? Seriously.
Do I need to go back to my doctor at this stage? Is this something life threatening?

Can anxiety cause itching?
Bookmark and Share

Offline nole23

• Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 07:44:52 AM »
Hey there,
I think you could definitely benefit from visiting a dermatologist, it sounds like you have some sort of irritation. No, this is highly unlikely to be life threatening. And yes yes yes, anxiety CAN cause itching!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 04:30:43 PM »
The itchy area covers from the top of my armpit right down and across my boob and nipple area. I also feel like there's a mild throbbing pain in this area too.
I'm worried sick.
Can anxiety cause daily localised itching like this though?!
Bookmark and Share

Offline nole23

• Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 04:54:18 AM »
I'm not sure if anxiety can cause this, but a skin irritation certainly can. I think a visit to the doc is in order NOT because I think this is sinister, but because it sounds like you need a specific topical treatment cream. You're going to be ok.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: