Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Weird Tingling Sensations  (Read 215 times)

Offline kercare

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird Tingling Sensations
« on: April 29, 2014, 01:18:47 AM »
Does anyone else every get weird tingling sensations out of the blue? I had that feeling tonight and it scared me. I don't know what it is. I was just sitting down and suddenly I felt these weird sensations, kind of like when your leg is waking up after falling asleep. Does anyone else ever feel this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ProofAutumn8246

• Rec's: 1
  • They don't think it be like it is but it do.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird Tingling Sensations
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 03:04:18 AM »
Where are you feeling the tingles? And I wouldn't worry about it. Anxiety can mess with the nerves in your body, causing that sensation.
Bookmark and Share
In the scheme of things it doesn't matter much.~

Offline kercare

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 02:57:51 PM »
I felt the tingles in my head. It was just like this weird sensation and it gave me 'goose bumps'. Which of course raised my anxiety. Thanks for your help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mamakinrocks

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 05:03:10 PM »
I have had many episodes of arms, legs, hands, feet,  "falling asleep"/tingling over the years. It comes and goes. It can be very prominent for a long time and then it suddenly goes away. As I have read, the anxiety symptoms just move around!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 05:39:29 PM »
Yes! I cannot think of a spot on my body that has NOT had some sort of tingling, buzzing, creepy crawly feeling or muscle twitch or spots that felt like cold water was running down it. It is a very common symptom of anxiety. Having an overactive nervous system and being hyperaware of every little feeling we have. I believe our minds are on constant lookout for things that seem out of the ordinary and are perceived as threatening to our well being. Theres a  sticky post on the forum somewhere by a neurologist that explains this better than me but here goes. Our brains cannot tell the difference about whats a real threat or imagined threat. Im sure you know how the fight or plan response works. If you have an incident with a wild animal your brain will go into that mode to help you fight or run. Whatever is best for your chance of survival. The same thing goes for thoughts or physical symptoms. Our brain cannot discern the difference. It will cause you to panic over a thought or a physical sensation. Rest easy that this is just your anxiety overreacting to normal sensations.

Im going to try and find that post for you. I think you will enjoy it.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 05:40:33 PM »
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 06:07:59 PM »
I don't get tingles in my scalp, I get "chills", and they kind of keep coming in waves 3 or 4 times.
Bookmark and Share

Online doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 06:53:53 PM »
Yes, even when I'm not feeling anxious (must be subconscious).
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline kercare

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 01:46:14 AM »
Thanks for the link, Walnut! Really helps a lot! And thanks for the feed back guys! It is so great knowing I am not alone!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: