Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 44 times)

Offline quietport

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« on: April 29, 2014, 01:14:28 AM »
Hi everyone  :)

I am so thankful I found this site!! Years ago (the 80s to be exact) I underwent a surgery. I nearly died from complications of child birth. By Gods grace, I and my child survived. I started having bouts of "spells" I'd call them, after I got home from the hospital. I didn't know what they were at the time but I know now they were anxiety attacks. I coped as best I could and eventually they went away. Again, years later in 2006, I was facing another surgery. This time for a gallbladder removal. I went in at 11 am as scheduled and things started to go terribly wrong. I didn't go to sleep. My blood pressure started to rise immediately and luckily my surgeon and anesthesiologist were aware. They aborted the procedure. The problem was is that I was awake during the whole time and freaking out. They thought they were waking me up and were surprised when I bolted up into a sitting position gasping for air. The gas mask went back on to calm me down. In the recovery room I was crying asking them what went wrong. They said they didn't know. They thought an allergic reaction to anesthesia. They rescheduled another try at the surgery to weeks later with the top anesthesia team from the area. I was scared, praying and trying to stay brave. I went in for the surgery. They got the gallbladder out but I was very heavily drugged and took me a long time to come out of it. I forgot to mention that ever since the first surgery I had to be put on high blood pressure meds........a lot of them!!!  My blood pressure was normal all my life (up to that point.) So here I sit...it's now 2014 and I am now on citalopram daily and Xanax when times get tough. I truly believe that anesthesia and what has happened to me has caused me to have anxiety attacks. I want my life back!!! I sure would like to see the statistics on people who have had reactions to surgeries who end up with panic disorders!!!  I am thankful for others on this site who know what it's like to deal with this. There has been a few nights now when going on chat has helped me a lot. I don't ever know if I'm going to beat this....but I'm sure gonna try!!!!  Thanks for reading this  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:05:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: