Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling incomplete  (Read 302 times)

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling incomplete
« on: April 28, 2014, 05:46:14 PM »
I've never dealt with HA before so it's hard for me to really accept all of this. I've been thru so many HA scares the last six months, but nothing quite like this. I'm currently scared to my end over ALS. I'm a 22/M and while I know it's very unlikely, I somehow think about the small percentage it is in fact just that. I've been having back pain (burning/twitching), calf twitches (sometimes knees, stomach area, butt, back and shoulders. Also feet!) for three months and three weeks. I just can't seem to grasp how anxiety can cause all this...it's so unreal. I've been so depressed over this. I've also had two sinus infections requiring antibiotics in the last four months which is super rare! The constant tightness after barely working out, the cracklings in my ear when I wake up and the ringing in my ears. I've seen three doctors, one being a neurologist. I've had three neuro exams and all the doctors stopped there. So, I guess everything checked out. Without an EMG the neuro said no ALS and it's bfs. I honestly can't even begin to believe anxiety can cause twitching this heavy felt and visible on my calfs. Anyone else like me? Would almost four months of no clinical weakness be enough to say it's not als?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling incomplete
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 05:50:45 PM »
I keep reading about the disease and to make matters worse I even dream about it. It's killing me.. Anyone else dream about stuff like this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 08:35:25 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 11:19:31 PM »
Some input would be nice :,(
Bookmark and Share

Offline edbrown

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 11:29:09 PM »
I'm new around here, but maybe I can help allay your fears, at least in confirming that they happen in other people like me with anxiety. I went through a period of pretty intense health anxiety starting this last January, and I exhibited a whole range of symptoms I had previously read about in posts about the dreaded c word. It started with headaches, but those went away, and did correspond to a particularly stressful time at work. After that I thought I was forgetting how to read, but I sat down and read a pretty intense novel in a week or so and proved that theory wrong. Next I had tingling, first in the feet, then the hands, but that has also diminished to the point of not existing now. Recently I've worried about ear ringing, which I get occasionally, and visual distortions, but those have come and gone as well.

The biggest takeaway from the above is that each of my "symptoms" I had read about in one story or another about people with brain cancer, or I had read about in my own investigation. Each went away with time and less focus, which seems like a clear indication that they were all anxiety related. Our brains are very powerful, and they can take minute changes in your body and blow them way out of proportion, especially in an anxiety weakened state. You should definitely share your concerns with your doctor if you feel they're serious, but accept when they tell you you're perfectly healthy!
Bookmark and Share

Offline PainIsAnIllusion

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 11:40:27 PM »
1 - 22 is too young for ALS... You'd be in literally like 0.00001%

2- twitching is common especially when you have anxiety especially when it's anxiety about ALS

3- pain and especially burning are not a presentation of ALS

4- tightness can be from worry, stress, anxiety

5- atrophy with weakness is ALS

6- you can't feel the twitches with ALS ,by the time you did, you'd have lost muscle and strength... Als twitches are usually so fine you need a strobe light to see them and most people don't feel them until later on in the disease.

7- millions of people twitch every day, including me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 11:25:07 AM »
Thank you both. It's hard accepting the twitches when you think they could be related to one of the worst diseases out there. For some reason we clinge to that small 0.000001% percent, it's terrible. The facts you have me help, so thanks! Also, the docs said I'm fine and basically laughed at me after a basic neuro exam. That's all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 02:56:53 PM »
I get the twitches all over but the only place they're consistently going every day, every minute is my calf muscles...I mean easily 15-25 a minute. Feels and looks like small popcorn popping underneath my skin. Anyone else like me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »
I appreciate the feedback!
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 08:01:33 PM »
I keep reading about the disease and to make matters worse I even dream about it. It's killing me.. Anyone else dream about stuff like this?

STOP reading about it!! That's what I did during my MS scare days, it only made things worse. Trust me, stay away from google.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 09:39:24 PM »
I know I need to quit reading!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
One day without reading and enjoying the small things. Makes a positive day I tell you what. Doesn't stop the twitching though!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 07:16:39 PM »
1 - 22 is too young for ALS... You'd be in literally like 0.00001%

2- twitching is common especially when you have anxiety especially when it's anxiety about ALS

3- pain and especially burning are not a presentation of ALS

4- tightness can be from worry, stress, anxiety

5- atrophy with weakness is ALS

6- you can't feel the twitches with ALS ,by the time you did, you'd have lost muscle and strength... Als twitches are usually so fine you need a strobe light to see them and most people don't feel them until later on in the disease.

7- millions of people twitch every day, including me.

In response to number six. I can feel most of them. Some are very faint and I can't feel. I can see some more so than others, also.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: