Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Spinal/pelvic tumor--scared  (Read 168 times)

Offline annaki

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Spinal/pelvic tumor--scared
« on: April 28, 2014, 04:37:42 PM »
I am so scared that I have some kind of tumor in my pelvis or spine and I'm so nervous. Been having pain in my buttock (in the muscular part) and leg for 3 months now. Getting a little foot numbness too.i have an MRI scheduled for 10 days from now but can't stop thinking that something awful is going on and that I'm going to die. I'm not going to get to see my daughter grow up. Help me!
P.s. I'm on vacation right now and ruining it :(
Bookmark and Share

Online wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Spinal/pelvic tumor--scared
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 05:30:10 PM »
Pain and numbness sound exactly like a pinched nerve.  I struggle with it, too.  While painful and somewhat bothersome, depending on the severity, it's nothing lethal.  Just a structural issue.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline annaki

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 05:37:37 PM »
Thanks...how do I know there isn't something bad pressing on it? I'm just petrified.
Bookmark and Share

Online wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 05:45:17 PM »
Thanks...how do I know there isn't something bad pressing on it? I'm just petrified.

The lions share of these issues, by far, are simple structural things.  Just in my office I can count five people who have struggled with issues like this.

Beyond that, there's no 100% assurance with anything, even post-test.  You can really send yourself into a tailspin thinking "what if" for no good reason, just as you can with "what if they missed something" later.  It's a self-destructive way of bringing misery on yourself.  The HA sufferer really does seek 100% assurance and reassurance, to remove all uncertainty, and that kind of thing just is unattainable.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 07:52:26 PM »
This sounds exactly like sciatic nerve pain. It us lay starts in the lower back, goes down the butt and back I the leg and into the foot. Very very classic symtoms. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline annaki

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 10:27:31 PM »
Pain just woke me from sleep and now freaking out as they always say it's suspicious if pain is worse at night. This is the first time that's happened....and did some reading. It COULD be sciatic. How do I make that better? And how long will it last? Seems to have been going on for months.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: