Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Left side of face feels tight/numb?  (Read 245 times)

Offline JesserCat88

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Left side of face feels tight/numb?
« on: April 28, 2014, 01:03:44 PM »
The left side of my face feels like it's tightening and the sensation is almost that of numbness. The back of my head feels a bit tougher and achy and my jaw feels like I have rotting teeth (but I don't I just got back from the dentist). My jaw has a dull throb and my ear, eye, temple, cheek, and neck feel tight and weird. What the heck is this?
Bookmark and Share

Online KirklandHarris

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Left side of face feels tight/numb?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 12:53:27 AM »
It could be a TMJ or some neck muscle issue. Nothing serious, just something to see the chiropractor about. I get what you're experiencing sometimes too.
For me, the "numbness" feels more like that sensation you get on half of your face right after waking up and taking your face off of the pillow, except the feeling would stay for most of the day on most days. That was more anxiety related for me I think though. Anyway, tons of harmless yet annoying things can cause what you're experiencing and they're all more common than tumors, MS, ALS, or whatever else you're worried about. If you're truly worried go get an MRI for some piece of mind. I got my results back as normal yesterday and I already feel so much better and the numbness has seemed to go away, and I bet yours will too once you find out that you're okay :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: