Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Frequent nightmares  (Read 127 times)

Offline colorlessideas

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Frequent nightmares
« on: April 28, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »
Does anyone else get them and feel they are trigged by anxiety?

It is usual for me to occasionally have them, but the last few nights it has been dream after dream. I'll wake up and remember at least 4-5 nightmares per night.

I'm not taking any medication currently. I am getting enough sleep and exercise, nothing too weird with diet. any advice?
Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 162
    • Poke This Member
Re: Frequent nightmares
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:17:13 AM »
Nightmares won't harm you. Dreams are a mixture of things. But one of those things can be your fears. If you have a major fear it can play out in a dream. Other than that it is just the mind sorting out everything you went through during the day gone by. Into things we need to remember and things we don't need to remember. Then we have latent dream content. That is BS content of every dream. Has no meaning at all. Is there to patch things together to make your dream play out like a real scene. I love my dreams. Nightmares and whatever else comes along. I write them all down. Find them interesting. If you get that sort of way there is no fear to be felt in any sort of dream at all. It is like a dream world you only get to live in for a few hours each night. You can do all sorts of things in that dream world. Try not to fear them. They will never harm you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline maginno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 07:55:24 AM »
I also have recurring bad dreams.  I can only call them my nightmares as they aren't horror movie stuff or monsters, but just dreams around the same theme that I get daytime worries about only magnified to weird extents. 

Dreams about home repairs, kids getting hurt (costly medical bills), wife cheating on me or asking for a divorce, getting attacked by bees.  Thing is none of these things are really things I need to worry about.  I don't have any pending home issues, kids are healthy but could always be involved in an accident, wife is as loyal as can be and I'm not scared of bees.  etc.   Heck matter of fact last night I dreamed about a water leak in my dad house from when I was 7 years old.  Had to get the downstairs ceiling in a room repaired, but I woke up all sweaty in a panic. 

I used to enjoy my dreams and even got to the point of being able to lucid dream and deal with my mind through dreams, but my anxiety in recent years has taken over and I can no longer control the dreams. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline colorlessideas

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 03:04:56 PM »
dreams around the same theme that I get daytime worries about only magnified to weird extents.

that's exactly what mine are too. Getting cheated on, my family getting lost or hurt or killed. They are to the point that I start out the day already stressed because I've had dreams that felt so real and scary.
Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Tags: