Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Maybe Someone Will Find This Comforting  (Read 165 times)

Offline Buddy122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Maybe Someone Will Find This Comforting
« on: April 28, 2014, 12:30:33 AM »
I've been suffering with severe anxiety for going on four months now. I won't get into specifics, but feel free to check my earlier topics if you'd like the background workup. Anyways, I've been attempting positive affirmations lately, and whilst in a VERY rare calm moment tonight, I made a list of things I liked about myself, things I've done that I'm proud of, etc,. Then I wrote this next excerpt concerning the beast that is ANXIETY. Maybe someone will find these words comforting. And even if not, it brings me comfort just posting it on here.

"My anxiety does not own me. She's that next door neighbor I'm use to seeing every few days on her way to check the mailbox. Sometimes she's dressed in business casual attire, prepared for a long day and night at the office. But most times she's just trying to make a quick trip to the mailbox to avoid being seen in her pajamas with bedhead. A friendly wave and sometimes a small 'hey' exchanged will suffice. But she always returns inside the house, to continue on about her day. Occasionally I wonder what she's up to;, what errands she ran, or how her day at work went....but I usually just imagine her propped up in front of the tv...in those same pajamas. Maybe she wonders the same about me. BUT EVERY DAY, we live side-by-side in complacency, as acquaintances, as 'those' neighbors. Maybe ill see her in the driveway in another few days, maybe not. Either way, ill still wave.

Bookmark and Share

Offline ProofAutumn8246

• Rec's: 1
  • They don't think it be like it is but it do.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Maybe Someone Will Find This Comforting
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:23:34 AM »
This is strong and empowering and I'm glad you were able to find comfort in it! I'll have to remember some of these words myself.
Bookmark and Share
In the scheme of things it doesn't matter much.~

Tags: